“Suprisingly good”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Suprisingly good”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Delhi 6 is located in a strip mall a few miles from downtown Frederick and so I didn't have high hopes. But the food is very good -- as good as some of the best Indian I've had in Washington. We had samosas, lamb korma and saag -- all delicious. The decor isn't fancy but it is clean and comfortable. Sam Adams and two other beers on tap. Great, very friendly service. I will definitely go again if I'm in the area.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank mtnblue222

Cumberland, Maryland
“Great good”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I had never had Indian food before and was visiting a friend and she took me. We went on a Saturday afternoon which was great because we got the buffet where you could sample a little of everything. It was so good that when I went back a few days ago with my husband we met my friend for dinner there. There was no buffet this time and dinner was served family style so we all shared several different dishes and they were all so good! The inside of the restaurant is beautiful and very clean and the people who work there are very attentive and food came very quickly. If you have never tried Indian food before, this is the place for your first time.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank harleygem3
“Great Vegetarian”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are vegetarians and really enjoy this place. The food can be as spicy as you request. The staff is kind, welcoming and efficient. We enjoy our experience every time we go.

Visited September 2013
“excellent food!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I purchased a groupon to this restaurant. Well worth it, I'm so glad I did, my husband and I have a new favorite restaurant. The staff is very friendly, food is very good and atmosphere is nice.

• Visited August 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Freshly Prepared Indian Food”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The food here takes a while to come to the table so if you're in a hurry, remember it will take time. However, the reason is that the food is freshly prepared so this is a good thing! Four star instead of five for me is because when it was Nilgiris, there were white linen tablecloths, regular friendly wait staff and a manager who greeted patrons at the door. Now Delhi 6 seems a bit more basic in decor and less elegant. My husband and I used to go here for special occasions and it felt romantic. Now the TV is on in the bar area, the lighting is a bit harsh and there seems to be fewer tables in the middle? (Hard to explain.) However, if you want to bring your family here and you have younger kids, they would be fine. It's still good food and right near the Common Market so we like to eat an early dinner and then walk over there to get some groceries and to enjoy a smoothie for dessert.

• Visited June 2013