“Excellent bread”

Stone Hearth Bakery
Ranked #3 of 6 Bakeries in Frederick
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Started buying their bread at local farmers markets and then realized their shop is down the street from the coffee shop I go to every weekend. I love their rye and challah bread and my husband says their cookies are very good. Big selection of everything.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Several of the smaller coffee houses and restaurants get their baked goods from the Stone Hearth. I recognized their sweets being served (most satisfactory apple turnover) at a nearby, popular Shab Row eatery. Their head baker told me that they only use a sour dough starter. This surprised me because often sour dough starter can be too strong; but he keeps it subtle for the lighter, brighter dessert fare. For a quickie lunch try their made to order sandwiches - you can't get fresher than this. Parking is limited but ok. Baker, servers, sandwich makers are all smart and friendly. Take home pies and rolls remain fresh and keep well. A great experience all-round.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I love theolive bread especially but they are all excellent. Also quality ingredients-no mixes or artificial stuff, delicious pastries, pies, and cakes. Everything looks good, too.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Largest selection of freshly baked bread, pies, cakes, cookies. Almond stuffed crossant
was delicious. Some speciality sandwiches made to order. Will definitely return to place
orders for holidays.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is my favorite bakery! Their sourdough bread is unbelievable and I always get rave reviews when I serve their rolls. Over the years I've tried at least 20 different desserts and have never been disappointed. Great value too.