“Not Even A Close Imitation of Authentic Italian Food!”
Review of Fellini's Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Germantown, Maryland
“Not Even A Close Imitation of Authentic Italian Food!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I always like to try a Italian Restaurant, that is new to me. I entered this establishment and was greeted warmly by Debbie our waitress. I read the reviews on yelp and thought, this place must be the real deal. Even the write up on their website boasted of authentic Italian cuisine. Let me tell you, there was nothing authentic about their italian food! I ordered a Casear Salad, that was quite good. Actually, that was the only item that was tasty. The main event, I ordered penne pasta with alfredo sauce, and meatballs, plus two pieces of garlic toast. When my order arrived, I tasted the alfredo sauce, was terrible and not authentic. The meatballs, didn't taste like meat at all. The garlic bread didn't have any garlic flavor to it! I have traveled to Italy, and dined in several Italian Restaurants in multiple states. Fact is, this restaurant serves italian style food perhaps and failed to do a good imitation of Italian food. I tasted their spaghetti sauce on my girlfriends plate, it was sad! Both of our pasta's were overcooked, her chicken parm was tough. Truth is, I have had better italian food out of a box! Our waitress, was the only pleasant part of our visit. I have to wonder about reviewers that rated this place a 4 star restaurant, could have rated it so highly. Maybe, they never tasted authentic italian food before.

• Visited December 2013

“Don't judge a book by its cover ”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I stopped in here for lunch after a business meeting in the area. I had my doubts as I pulled into the parking lot of a bland old looking shopping center. But once inside the atmosphere was nice, the bread was excellent, and the food was was great. Next time I'm in the area I will return.

“What an Italian kitchen should be”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Group of us on a guy weekend wanted a place walking distance from hotel and lady there said this was by far the best place close. Worried us walking in as only 3 tables full on a Saturday night at 830 but we were pleasantly surprised. Definite old school Italian. Lots of character. Mature Italian man drinking at bar, great smells and sweet motherly service. Someone here probably knows where Hoffa is. Food was wonderful and bar decently stocked. Good choice. Not fancy but food and service were great.

• Visited July 2013
“Stromboli”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The Stromboli and bread with dipping oil was delicious. Meatballs simply fell apart, but the marinara sauce was nothing special.

• Visited July 2013
PA
“Local eaterie”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the Hampton Inn across the street. We wanted to stay close to the hotel last Friday night because the weather was horrible. Surprisingly, the place was almost empty, but the service was friendly and the food was good. I had the ravioli. the sauce was sweet, but tasty. My husband had the seafood tortellini special. He enjoyed that as well. the menu is limited to pizza and Italian items, which makes sense, since it is an Italian restaurant. (we were hoping for steak that night, but oh, well).

We ordered a side salad to eat before the meal and it was fresh and excellent. We also enjoyed the bread.

I assume that the place gets a lot of lunch traffic from area businesses.

Visited April 2013