“Breakfast for 2”

Add it.
Mimis Cafe Fredrick #130
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The planned breakfast at this place was refreshing. We were greeted by the hostess and was immediately brought to our table. The waitress approach us and asked us for our drinks and if we needed more time to look at the menu and we replied yes. A little later she came back and took our order. It took about 15 minutes for the food to be served which is about right for me. We enjoyed the meal. I always make sure that experiencing it first hand before any judgement even though my colleague had a different experience when she came here. The only thing I guess was missing was the welcoming atmosphere of the server a little smile won't hurt anybody. Upon leaving the Hostess approached us and ask if it was our first visit and we replied yes. She gave us a bag of goodies and some information of the restaurant including the managers business card. We will be back!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stop in Frederick once or twice a year en route between South and North. After a long driving day I don't want to go far from the motel to find dinner. I stayed on Buckeystown Pike and found Mimi's right across the street. I didn't want a big meal but very much enjoyed the corn chowder appetizer with seared bay scallops and bacon. Really very good. Then I splurged on chocolate mousse with strawberries. That and a glass of white wine made it the light dinner I was looking for! I will definitely go back on my next trip.

Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We never made it past the Hostess stand. The musty odor of dirty carpeting was overwhelming. I asked to look at the menu before being seated but even the variety of choices could not keep me there. When I walk in a restaurant it should be pleasant smelling of the food being served. I should not smell old dirty carpet.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

My husband and I found this cute little café/restaurant when it first opened a few years ago, and we occasionally stopped in for dinner when in the area. The menu, while not as cosmopolitan as La Madeline, offered many unique meal choices, soups, salads, quiche, and delicious little breads and muffins with your meal. We stopped by this past week for dinner and were first surprised that the menu had radically changed. We can't say for sure how much of the old menu remained, but we know that the quiche and some of the more Mediterranean dishes were gone. Everything was a la Americaine. We discovered that the good service seemed to have gone away with the old menu. No one seemed to know who was taking care of our table, and when we finally did get a waitress, she had no idea if what we had ordered was on the menu, even though we were reading from the menu! My husband ordered the meat loaf and a salad, and I ordered the turkey. The salad did not come out, and since we complained, we were given the salad at no cost. The food was very bland, much like diner food. As a matter of fact, we could have gotten the same thing at the local diner with a salad, soup, and drink included for the same price or less. Adieu to Mimi's. We will not be back there.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My friend and I had lunch here recently in the afternoon and were pleasantly by the experience. I had a delicious quiche with fresh fruit, a delicious carrot muffin. My friend could not finish all of the yummy grilled cheese and took the rest home. (I took home my muffin because I was so full!) Wine by the glass was costly. Service--good. (Took a bit long to get our check).