“Another Great!”
Review of The Wine Kitchen

The Wine Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 400 Restaurants in Frederick
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Walkersville, Maryland
“Another Great!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We dined here last night for our anniversary dinner -- another wonderful meal! I had the Maryland Rockfish / cranberry beans / beer braised red cabbage / Swiss chard / butternut squash. My husband had the Diver Scallops / red beet risotto / oyster mushrooms / crispy parsnips / dill reduction after sharing the House-made Pappardelle / ham / sage / butternut squash / brown butter / country olives (appetizer). All were amazing.
We tried several wines that were new to us since their selection is remarkable. Desserts we chose were the Banana Split Trifle / bananas / ice cream trio / chocolate sauce / flourless cake / brittle and the Chocolate Three Way / peanut butter semifreddo / chocolate cremeaux tart / chocolate sorbet -- two more winners, in our book.
The service is always "the tops" here and the staff is friendly and attentive.

• Visited May 2014

Chester County, PA
“Very satisfied with The Wine Kitchen”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Dined at The Wine Kitchen on a spring Saturday evening. We're from Philadelphia and picked this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews. It was a good choice. Warm greeting from the hostess and while there was no room at the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail, we were seated quickly and before our scheduled reservation. The staff on the whole was friendly, well-informed and not at all pretentious. The menu is nicely varied and fairly priced. Prices for wine by the bottle were surprisingly reasonable. Our meals were both outstanding. Flavorful and pleasingly presented. When in Frederick, we'd highly recommend The Wine Kitchen.

Washington, DC
“Great first visit & won't be my last”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I visited with a couple of girlfriends early (6:30) on a Fri night. Atmosphere was lively but the restaurant has a good mix of intimate tables and some where your neighbor is a little closer. Our server Sarah was energetic, knowledgable & did a great job of sharing specials and assisting with wine selections. Both the greeters and Sarah were welcoming & set a great tone for our entire experience. They serve wine in flights, by the glass or bottle which I love since you can try a few wines without busting your wallet. We had their pappardelle as a starter which they change seasonally. It was a modest portion but accented nicely with ham and olives which added a punch of salt. My friend had had it before in the winter and didn't like it as much this time. We also enjoyed a nice cheese plate. For my entree I had the 8 oz filet which is served with mashed potatoes & seasonal veggie (green beans the night we visited.) I had given up beef for lent so after 7 weeks of abstaining this filet lived up to every expectation & craving I had. It was cooked perfectly to my requested temperature & had a wonderful flavor. Our server presented us with 3 types of salt for seasoning but it didn't need a thing. The mashed potatoes were amazing & served in a cast iron dish which kept them nice & warm. The green beans were cooked well, slightly crisp, but I felt had too much salt. Overall an excellent meal. My friend always orders the Peruvian Chicken which was a large portion although includes the breast, leg & wing complete with bones which I imagine might be a turn off for some. And the third meal were scallops served on a bed of beets & I think risotto which was also thoroughly enjoyed. The menu really does have something for everyone including multiple options for vegetarians. I will be visiting Wine Kitchen again no doubt especially since there is also one closer to where I live in Leesburg! Highly recommend.

1 Thank Juleszee
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly staff”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Ate here based on other trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Warm welcome on arrival and friendly staff.

Entree and main were both good. We shared a beet salad entree then both had a burger. All well cooked and presented.

Tried one of the Wine Trio's - great idea and an excellent way to try and few different wines.

Dessert was a little disappointing - we orders the Dolche du Leche creme pot. Not sure quite what it should have tasted of but it was very sweet but didn't really taste of Dolche du Leche.

Overall a nice evening - left feeling fully and happy and price was reasonable as well.

Frederick, MD
“Favorite”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Favorite place in Frederick! The food is outstanding, happy hour deals in the bar are exceptional, and the atmosphere is perfect for anything from casual to special occassions! Have only ever had to wait for a table once during brunch. Outside seating along Carroll Creek available. Private dining room also available.

Visited February 2014