“Always a good time there”

Weinberg Center for the Arts
Ranked #11 of 68 things to do in Frederick
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in a former 1926 silent movie palace, the Weinberg Center for the Arts presents a wide range of dramatic, musical, artistic and educational programs. With world-class performances from September through June each year, this local landmark enhances our area’s cultural life and ensures that the arts remain accessible and affordable to the broadest possible audience. A full listing of upcoming events can be found on our website. Free backstage tours of the venue are also offered on a regular basis.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I grew up in this city and knew this place as the Tivoli Theater. The building dates back to 1929 and is now home to many different entertainment events. Most recently my husband and I went to see a Beatles Tribute band called 1964: The Tribute. Fabulous Fun! ( senior tix $30. 50 each) The place was packed. The inside of this historic theater is nicely done. The walls are attractively done and the old chandeliers give it charm. I do not think there is a bad seat in the house including the balcony. We were in Row O on the far right and had a great view. You will see music here, as well as silent movies accompanied but the "Mighty Wurllizer" organ. Speaker series that feature notable journalists, political pundants.. you can also see locals too like dance recitals and the annaul Handel's Messiah sing along each Christmas.

All reviews
"speakers"
"balcony"
"lobby"

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been here several times on field trips over the years. My husband and I went to see a comedy show there one night. Weinberg Center hosts a wide variety of entertainment from concerts to old films.

The theater itself has been lovingly restored and takes me back to the day when going to the movies was a big event with one huge screen and a stage. I love this place.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We hadn't been to the Weinberg Center in years and just recently attended a concert there. It's great to see it's still as beautiful as ever and the sound is just perfect too!
I remember as a kid going to the movies there with my grandmother, it's a Frederick Tradition that shouldn't be missed out on.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Recently saw The Piano Guys at the Weinberg Center and it was one of the most spectacular performances that I have ever seen. The programing has really been great the last few seasons and offers a wide variety of entertaining options. The atmosphere, decor, and staff makes a night at the Weinberg Center an upscale event. Dinner downtown + a performance is a great night out!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Boy, was this show fun. Hubby had known this group's songs since he was 5 years old and when he saw that they were performing here he had to see them. We had 4th row seats with only two heads in front of us. Herman looks really good and performed non stop for 90 minutes. He went out into the audience several times, to distribute t shirts ($20 to buy which he signed later if you wanted) and to give out copies of his cds to the kids that he spotted. He told them to learn the lyrics. Smart! He kept his energy up every minute of the show and got the band involved. One guy had long legs and did some kicks for us while playing guitar. When he departed the stage he came down right beside us and shook hubby's hand as he made his way to the lobby to sign autographs. He also posed and smiled for anyone who wanted a picture and I tried for one but was stopped and chastised by an usher although there were many around me taking their pics and movies which the same usher said nothing to and didn't seem to see. I got plenty of close ups of Peter Noone from our seats. He is a great talent.