“Not typical Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Red Horse Frederick
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Frank
“Not typical Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I would guess this is a renovated building because some things are a little different.

The lady at the desk was very pleasant.

There were some things I assume we're done to just pass code in this building such as the call button in the elevator, the pad locks on the windows. Our room smelled so bad and had large stains on the chairs. There was a pill bug on our towel. The bathroom vent needed cleaning.

The breakfast was down the stairs in the basement and had very little choices.

We will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank caylas24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel after a day of wine and grooving at the Linganore Wine Celler's Reggae Festival on 7/20. I picked this hotel because of the location(20 mins from Linganore) and because of the cheap jacuzzi suites they had. We reserved a 1 room jacuzzi suite for $150. The room was clean and fresh. The in room jacuzzi was clean, ready for use with no issues and easily fit two people. Microwave, refrigerator and flat screen for the amenities were great too. The hotel was in a great area for us, 5 minutes right off the exit for 270(S back to DC). There are also TONS of places to eat nearby although most close at 10-11pm there was plenty fast food spots still open for the late nighters.

All in all, it was a good stay. Nice staff, good location and clean rooms. The only thing I didn't like was the bed, a little too hard for my liking, but still managed to get a good nights rest..can't go too wrong with a king bed. Definitely will stay here again when visiting the winery!! A++++

Room Tip: $150 for a nice size 1 room jacuzzi suite makes for a nice end to a day at the winery
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Magog, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The place was not very clean. People were smoking in non smoking area including the room next door to ours where it was well indicated a non smoking room at the door. Breakfast was so so. This Comfort Innwas one of the worst in the 6 Comfort Inn that we stayed during our trip over 2 months.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michel S
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel on our way home from Myrtle Beach. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are clean and well kept. The breakfast was excellent and the lady who served was a charm!! CONGRATULATIONS on a great hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dklimd
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Good value. Room was very clean. Friendly staff. Good location. Decent breakfast. Grab the coupon at a rest area and save $25. Save $9 with an AARP or AAA card. Location is reasonably close to the downtown district. On site restaurant menu looked a bit pricey so didn't eat there.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank chusker
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I have stayed here when visiting my family for the past 15 years. My extended family has used this hotel for decades. It's a comfortable place, well maintained. A good value. The restaurant next door has a great whiskey sour. enjoy.

Room Tip: get non-smoking room; a number of construction guys stay here and the smoking rooms are really smoke...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Devilsporkchop
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Red Horse over the weekend as a quick get away spot for the first time at this location. I have NOTHING bad to say about our room. We booked the Heart shape jacazzi room. The jets were nice and warm coming out of the tub. Oh what relaxation we had. When I looked over at my husband his eyes were rolling in the back of his head. The bed was comfortable with clean bedding. I did however run home to get my pillow because I love my softy flat pillow. There was free HBO, a small loveseat which lets out to a bed, chair, desk, work station area. For a nice get away for a couple yes, yes, yes. Thing is we only a few blocks away from this spot. We don't have to spend a couple hundred a night now like at the Poconos in PA this will do for our quick get aways... Did I mention they have a full hot and cold breakfast which was even better and also the heart shape room is a smoking room but did not smell like it even though I brought a sensual candle just in case....

Room Tip: Right across the street from a gas station, food everywhere up and down the street, movie theatre, k...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple