“Holiday Get-a-away”

Residence Inn Frederick
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We were going to do some traveling to Civil War areas and choose to stay at this hotel. It was a very nice hotel. We stayed in the suite room. The only complaint was, it was not a King so that was the only down fall.The wireless Internet was slow. I wish they would fix this in hotels as everyone has tablets now and it should be more important then a coffee maker. The Breakfast was the normal stuff. They had a billiards room with tv's so that was nice for people to use, however we did not. The place was very clean throughout the Hotel. Everyone was friendly to you as you walked through the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jebr2010

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Spent a month here on business. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is willing to assist you in any way. Indoor pool and spa are great in bad weather and there is an excellent grill and fire pit to enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I needed to be in Frederick for 2 weeks and this was the suggested hotel by my boss.
I was in a two room suite, bedroom, dressing area, and LARGE bathroom separated from the ample living room, desk area, dinette, and full kitchen minus an oven.

The room was nice, plenty of space to spread out on the coffee table and watch tv while working. I truly enjoyed my stay and do plan on returning.

Things I enjoyed the most-- JACUZZI every night after a workout on site. Breakfast bar was pretty good in the morning. Waffle maker was a plus! Friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed here one night with my family. Clean hotel nice location near several food places. Nice pool and nice lighted basketball hoop. Breakfast was typical Marriott fare. Only complaint was lumpy queen bed and sheets too small for sofa bed.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here two nights and had no problems other than a slow internet connection. The room was clean and nicely furnished, the staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was good. The location had plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

I must have stayed at this property at least three or four times over the years. It is a favorite place to stay when in the Baltimore Area perhaps catching an Orioles game or perhaps, in one case, running from a hurricane. It tends to have good last-minute deals which is one of the reasons for the returns but it also never fails to deliver an outstanding stay. We are partial to Residence Inns and we always seek them out whenever possible. The full breakfast in the morning is a huge plus and the rooms are always spacious. This particular property is walking distance from a variety of different shops and restaurants for lunch and dinner. I have only given this property a four star rating for location because it is a ways out of the actual city of Baltimore. Don't be discouraged. This property is well worth a little extra driving!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank ryandvy
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This hotel advertises high speed internet.......NOT! You're lucky to get on at all. I keep getting different stories and runarounds about their so called high speed. If you need it for work...Don't bother staying here. This is the worst experience I have ever had a Residence Inn! Never again at this location. It will be a miserable 10 days I have left. And no I can't check out because nothing else is available that has a kitchen.

Room Tip: If you do check in to this hotel, check room thoroughly for cleanliness
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeBlow684
Nettie D, General Manager at Residence Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I can understand how you felt trying to get an internet connection when staying at our hotel. We have been working with many vendors for several months to upgrade our system. After experiencing many delays and road blocks, we finally have new ethernet lines run to the hotel by AT&T. In addition, a new Internet Service Providor will be managing our internet and installing new equipment which will provide much more bandwidth and better internet connection for our guests. The final stages of our upgrade should take place within the next few weeks. I hope our fully equipped suites helped make your stay more confortable and you will give us an opportunity to host you again in the near future.