“Fabulous, Fresh Lunch Buffet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Fabulous, Fresh Lunch Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I've only come to the Clay Oven for their lunch buffet, and it never disappoints! Some of the choices vary day to day, but they keep some of the items the same no matter what. The food is always fresh, even if you come towards the end of the serving time, and they will gladly make you and your party a basket of fresh Naan if you request it. The staff there has always been extremely friendly and welcome you like friends. I like for my friends to try new things and I had a couple with me who were very leery of unfamiliar cuisines. I wanted to go to the Clay Oven and knew that 1. a buffet with options would be the way to go and 2. that Clay Oven's food was always so good that their first impression would be a good one. I was right and during my time living in Frederick, they would travel from Baltimore to join me there for lunch. There is nothing there that I have tried I didn't like. The food is not too spicy as in heat, but uses the right amount of spices to make the dishes deliciously flavorful. Still to this day if I need to make a trip to Frederick, I will time it so I can make it for the lunch buffet.

• Visited May 2013

Frederick, Maryland
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I love this place!! It has an outstanding selection of Indian food...I always go for the really spicy but they also have a lot of non spicy dishes. Buffet is nice also!! Everyone who works here are very friendly and outgoing. Prices are good...definitely worth giving it a try.

Mishawaka, Indiana
“Awesome Indian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stopped here for lunch buffet on our way to DC. The food was excellent! The goat curry preparation was the best I have had in the US in the past several years. I wish there was half as good Indian restaurant within 30 miles of my place.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Indian Food at a great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was my first visit to the Clay Oven, but I have to say, I was impressed. The service was good, and the lunch buffet of Indian classics was excellent. They had three different kids of curry dishes with various meats, and they were all very good. They were spicy, but not too spicy. It was hard not to eat too much at this place. The prices were a little less than I expected.

I highly recommend you go if you like Indian food.

Georgetown, Kentucky
“good food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

The food was excellent and the service was attentive. The restaurant is small so may be not be able to handle large groups. Definitely going to return for the buffet. Beats all the chain restaurants in the area for price and quality of food.