“Gluten Free Italian Goodness!”
Review of Dominick's Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Clarksburg, MD
“Gluten Free Italian Goodness!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We're from the area but have been cooped up in a hotel near this restaurant while we have renovations done. I've driven by a million times and never gave it a try. Tonight we ordered take out and was very pleasantly surprised!

I had the GF Penne with tomato sauce and sausage which was very good. My daughter had the kid's buttered pasta with garlic bread, which was a generous portion (she couldn't finish it). My husband had the house chopped salad, which is almost an antipasti and he enjoyed it. We'd definitely try this again. I haven't done dine in, but loved it for take out.

The Good:
1) They offer gluten free pasta and pizza
2) They have good kid options and were flexible on our requests
3) Prices are reasonable
4) Food was ready quickly and hot
5) Service was friendly

The Bad:
1) We didn't have anything to complain about.

• Visited October 2013

Pickerington, Ohio
“Not Bad”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Food was actually better than we expected. Meatball sandwich was good and my husband liked the lasagna. You order at the counter and they bring you the food. We would stop again if in the area but wouldn't go out if the way for it. It was a good option when the other places like TGIFridays was packed.

Frederick, Maryland
“Outstanding italian food.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This little restaurant offers some of the best spaghetti and meatballs I've had in a restaurant. I'm somewhat of a snob because of the authentic food I was used to from the families of friends I grew up with (small neighborhood in New Jersey). They offer a full range of pasta dishes, pizza, sandwiches, salads - and everything is prepared with care. We've been making weekly trips! They now serve beer and wine and the selections very good - same care has been taken in quality of what they offer. They offer take out or dine-in and have an outside court with tables. I rated them as "Excellent" on the basis of their food - not on the venue. One tip would be to get rid of the plastic plates for the pizza. But that won't stop us from coming by.

• Visited October 2013
Frederick, MD
“Decent place for lunch”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I’ve dined here twice now with a co-worker. This place reminds me of the Noodle Company where you place your order at the counter, your food is made-to-order, and is delivered to your table.

The open room is divided into two sections, one with booths with seating that curve/angles backwards, which I found very uncomfortable for my back that we moved to regular tables in the other section. There’s outdoor seating, which is quite enjoyable in comfortable weather.

There were four lunch specials, lots to choose from the menu (salads, subs, calzones, pizza, ‘pasta your way’ and ‘the usual suspects’ – typical Italian dishes; even an all-you-can-eat mini buffet. The buffet is not extensive but had pizza, two different pasta dishes, steamed mussels, garlic bread, and vegetables. They also have weekly specials.

Twice now I’ve ordered from their list of lunch specials. One was with bow tie pasta, mushroom and sundried tomatoes in a marsala cream sauce ($7.49). I overheard a man telling his friend it was one of his favorite dishes. My friend ordered the grilled chicken salad ($8.99). The garlic bread that comes with the lunch is terrific.

It took a while to get our food, even though it wasn’t crowded at all. My pasta dish included chicken (tender), which was not listed as one of the ingredients on the board. That was fine with me. The creamy sauce was more of a ‘a la vodka’ which I like. I don’t know if that was mistake or if that was their version of a marsala sauce. That didn’t bother me, as I liked the flavors of the dish.

My friend said her salad was very good (grilled chicken, cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese, etc.).

Prices are reasonable and portions are average in size – not family-style but certainly appropriate for lunch. The mini-buffet might be the best deal and allows you to sample a variety of foods, but I’d probably skip the pizza, as I can’t imagine the dough will stay crusty in metal containers.

Overall, a decent place for lunch.

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome staff!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

After driving for five hours we pull up five minutes before closing time. The staff is awesome and welcomes us. They were patient and served our take out for four with a smile and pleasant conversation. The food was good. The salad was tasty, could have used more green lettuce leaves. Pasta and pizza were yummy and we could taste the tomatoes in the dishes. Had an interesting beer selection, too. Glad we stopped here. Would like to come back and eat in.

• Visited August 2013