“Great food”

JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 415 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: No Cross Street
Description: Jeff and Joanna Button opened JoJo’s Restaurant & Tap House at 16 E. Patrick St., Frederick in August of 2012. The restaurant features a casual dining room set off from the Tap House side, a Tap House with 20 beers on tap and full bar and a private room perfect for housing your special event. JoJo’s has a great Happy Hour, live entertainment and special events throughout the week.  Stop by for a delicious meal in our dining room side, or if you prefer a little more activity grab a seat in the Tap House, with something for everyone we invite you to stop anytime!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First of all, I have to say what I didn't like about JoJo's -- nothing! As soon as I walked in I felt like I was in an Irish pub. The brick walls with high tables and stools and music playing in the background, along with sports on the television. I was here four times in May 2014, and the service, the food, and the beer was outstanding every time!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Looking at the menu of JoJo's I was excited to try it. We came for lunch and were seated right away. Our waiter was prompt, personable and friendly. We ordered the fried asparagus for an appetizer , the sandwich of the day - a fried soft shell crab po boy and the chicken barbecue sandwich. The fried asparagus was pretty good for the most part as were the dipping sauces. What wasn't good was our was served with a piece of purple rubber band that had been cooked in the batter and was partially attached to the asparagus. I did tell our waiter and he basically laughed it off. I am very glad that I did see it and did not eat it- I could have easily choked on it. The fried crab shell sandwich was over battered and completely lost in taste between the batter and the bread - quite a disappointment. The chicken barbecue was unremarkable and tasted like it had been reheated several times. I felt our waiter dropped the ball in regards to the rubber band - the food was mediocre at best. We will not be back....

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had the unusual circumstance of eating in the same restaurant twice in one week. The first time my husband and I sat on the bar side. The atmosphere there was great, lively and casual.
Later in the week we met another couple on Saturday night in the dining room. Nicer, but not too stuffy. The beauty of the main dining room on Saturday was that we could enjoy the live music from the bar side, but still hear each other and enjoy our conversations without yelling.
Now for the food I must say the steak grinder sandwich ($12) was outstanding as was the steak salad ($16) . My only complaint was the Lump Crap Mac and Cheese ($18) which sounded so good, but when it arrived we couldn't find any crabmeat. It was tasty but for $18, it was way overpriced mac and cheese. Aside from the Mac and Cheese the prices were reasonable and everyone enjoyed their meals. I recommend this to couples or families with older kids after a day in lovely downtown Frederick.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stopped in today for a late lunch/early dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. The menu is interesting, the beer selection eclectic and the service was friendly. Add to that the outdoor seating and you have the makings of a fine meal. The grilled shrimp tacos were well prepared and the hamburger was made from very tasty, very fresh beef served on a brioche bun. Not the most exciting thing on the menu but fine comfort food for a lazy Saturday afternoon

Reviewed 10 April 2014

How can JoJo's not be rated higher? We ate at the restaurant on a Friday night during a recent long weekend in Frederick and it was so good we went back to the bar on Saturday for drinks and appetizers. The food was the best we had in Frederick. Service was fantastic. Selection of craft beer was impressive. So glad that the folks at Flying Dog recommended that we go there!

1  Thank erinwellsmcevoy