“Special was great!”

JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House
Reserve with OpenTable
JoJo's Restaurant & Tap House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: No Cross Street
Alexandria, Virginia
“Special was great!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We came to Frederick to go to some antique shops. We decided to eat lunch and JoJo's was the first restaurant we came across. There was outside seating, but we chose to eat inside. There were several tables already occupied, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I looked over the menu and thought the special looked good. You would get 2 mini sandwiches, chips, pickle, and a drink for $10, but I caught a glimpse of someone's French fries and knew I wanted some. When I ordered a sandwich and a Coke, the waitress suggested the 2 mini sandwiches because they came with a drink. She said I could substitute fries for the chips for $1 extra, so that is what I did. The sandwiches were far from mini, in fact I took one home with me. The fries were as delicious as they looked. When I got home and looked on Trip Advisor, I was shocked that they were rated 45. They deserve to be in the top 10. We plan to return during the holidays and will certainly eat here again!!

Visited August 2014

Carlisle PA
“Great appetizers/4 alarm burger”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Yesterday, my 1st time experience with JoJo's. There were 5 of us, ranging from 19 to 70, and we ALL had a delicious food experience. We tried three appetizers, wings, caprese, and a deep fried goat cheese with a spicy mayo sauce. All were delicious, especially the caprese. While we didn't have the entrees, they were reasonably priced and looked delicious. From the ice berg lettuce wedge with flank steak, to vegetable panini, and cheese steak (with very tender flank steak medium rare) to my 4 alarm burger, (medium) with habanero peppers ground into the burger, on a toasted roll with 1 large delicious tomato slice, fresh lettuce, and a special chef hot sauce, we enjoyed our restaurant experience. I eat out a lot, and can't remember when everyone in my party was happy with the food. Try it!
You'll love the art, brick walls, high ceilings, fresh tablecloths, and fresh flowers, with just the right music in the background and the wonderful food.

• Visited July 2014
Hagerstown, Indiana
“Great food, great service, great evening”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We chose JoJo's because the posted menu looked intriguing and the restaurant was pretty empty at 7-ish and we had a large party. They accommodated us right away and gave us the fantastic William as a waiter! Everything we had was wonderful. The grouper special with mango salsa had a nice combination of hot and sweet with perfectly cooked fish. The andouille is made by the chef and was outstanding. You have to try the devlied avocado! The prices for what you get were very reasonable--a great value and a lovely evening.

• Visited June 2014
Poolesville, MD
“Great food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First of all, I have to say what I didn't like about JoJo's -- nothing! As soon as I walked in I felt like I was in an Irish pub. The brick walls with high tables and stools and music playing in the background, along with sports on the television. I was here four times in May 2014, and the service, the food, and the beer was outstanding every time!

Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not impressed....”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Looking at the menu of JoJo's I was excited to try it. We came for lunch and were seated right away. Our waiter was prompt, personable and friendly. We ordered the fried asparagus for an appetizer , the sandwich of the day - a fried soft shell crab po boy and the chicken barbecue sandwich. The fried asparagus was pretty good for the most part as were the dipping sauces. What wasn't good was our was served with a piece of purple rubber band that had been cooked in the batter and was partially attached to the asparagus. I did tell our waiter and he basically laughed it off. I am very glad that I did see it and did not eat it- I could have easily choked on it. The fried crab shell sandwich was over battered and completely lost in taste between the batter and the bread - quite a disappointment. The chicken barbecue was unremarkable and tasted like it had been reheated several times. I felt our waiter dropped the ball in regards to the rubber band - the food was mediocre at best. We will not be back....

• Visited May 2014