“Expected more for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Callahan's Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #41 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, TX
“Expected more for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Being from Texas I expected my seafood platter to be a little larger for the price. On the upside it was not all fried and the steak was well prepared. The crab cake is very good however I wouldn't pay $18 for it for dinner. The service was excellent, the server enthusiastic. The beer was good but I would skip most of the food again.

Visited June 2014

“Service-Great, Food-Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My sister and I found this purely by chance. Greeted and seated right away. Our server, Billy, got our drinks instantly and was great and good-natured keeping up with our constant requests. The owner even came and checked on us a few times. We split a dozen crabs (brought in the night before, all male crabs) and steamed shrimp as well as a couple drinks, including the Flying Dog Dead Rise Old Bay.The Perfect beer to accompany hard shells. Without a doubt, a fantastic place to kick back relax and pick crabs. Just what we needed, Thanks!

• Visited June 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Went here some time back and it was tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I would highly suggest their cream of crab soup...it's bangin! Also have great prime rib! I would def suggest it to my friends.

• Visited April 2013
Maryland
“Celebrated my birthday here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband researched and wanted to take me to a place that was local with good food and without crazy prices. I was hesitant as I had been here years ago and was not impressed.
I must say, the food was amazing. Our waitress, (wish I had gotten her name) was fantastic.
They offer surf and turf which many of us got and it was fabulous. The salads that accompanied the meal was terrific as well.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
frederick
“Not like it was”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

New ownership who really isn't previous owner bought out partner....Food was not cooked completely and had the misfortune of ordering the special "stuffed lobster" undercooked and had to be frozen very salty want watery food was barely luke warm A BIG DISAPOINTMENT...Used to be great place to eat....Do not recommend anymore the owner greeted at the door and made us feel like this isn't good...He was disheveled and sloppy and was an opening of what was to come.....

• Visited November 2013