“Long wait but well worth it”
Review of Madrones

Madrones
Ranked #43 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We (hubby and I) went for dinner last night (10-26-13). We had to wait for an hour for a table for 2. Once we were seated it went well. Server (Patrick) came shortly and took our drink orders. The menu is vast, steak and crab cake "The Bomb" was our picks. Food was made to order, arrived hot, and was delicious. No dessert was necessary as we were stuffed. Only drawback I could comment on was the noise level. It was loud. BUT, will not stop us from going again.
A must visit if in the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went for lunch during the week with a couple of buddies. Food was very good and great atmosphere. The prices were very reasonable and beautiful restaurant!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Service was great (Dan). The food was amazing! My family and I actually nixed the leftovers because it was so good.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had heard of this place and decided to try it late afternoon on a Sat. We got there just in time before the rush. The decor is beautiful and very clean. Our waitress was one of the best we ever had, and we dine out a bit. The prime rib w/garlic mashed potatoes and vegies was delicious and my husbands fish of the day, I think swordfish was excellent too. Gotta have the peanut butter pie...the best!The crab dip the girls shared was very tastee too. Our waitress could not have been more attentive! Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Went to Madrones for the first time with good friends this weekend, who happen to be 'regulars' there. From the outside, I expected a typical 'Ruby Tuesday -TGIF Friday' atmosphere.....Boy, was I surprised. Much careful thought and planning was put into the interior design of this restaurant to make it feel so warm and inviting, casual and comfortable, yet trendy and a little upscale! We were told the wait would be 30-40 minutes, so we headed to the large and comfortable bar. Our table was ready in about 10-15 minutes! Wine and beer menu was great too. Our service at both the bar and our table (LOVE booths, by the way) was excellent. Crab dip was delicious (always gotta try that crab dip!), and I recommend the grilled asparagus as a side. All of us enjoyed our meals. My only recommendations are: the ribs seemed small. They need to be larger. The flavor and taste of the Asian teriyaki salmon was incredibly good and perfectly cooked, but there were way too many small pieces of red and green peppers on the plate. The salmon is the 'star' of the plate......let it shine! It was so nice to get caught up in conversation over drinks, after dinner with our friends! We never felt rushed, and the environment just made us want to stay longer!