“Cafe Rio Mexican Grill IN Germantown, MD”

Cafe Rio Mexican Grill
Ranked #148 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Germantown, Maryland
“Cafe Rio Mexican Grill IN Germantown, MD”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I tried to enter Germantown, MD for the correct location and trip advisor wouldn't let me enter this new location. Anyway, I tried this new Cafe Rio in Germantown, MD, and the food was really Sad! The beef in my beef taco lacked flavor, the chicken in the chicken taco was a little bit better. The rice had no flavor at all. I tried the chips with Queso Sauce, the Queso sauce was bland. The meal was not worth the money I spent for it! I would recommend not going to this restaurant! I will not return and I could have had tastier Mexican Food at Taco Bell!

• Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm addicted”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I usually don't go to many of these places. It was my wife's idea but sure am glad we did. I am hooked on the pork tacos. We went back again 2 days later and it was great.

Middletown, Maryland
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The food is good and fresh, but I have been twice now and each time the service has been very bad. The first time I stood in line and ordered just like everyone else and when I got to the end of the line my order had mysteriously disappeared so it had to be made again from scratch. It was made incorrectly the second time and the third time it was correct. I waited about 35 minutes in all. The second time I ordered online at 7:15pm and was to pick up my order at the store at 7:45pm. At 7:55 after waiting for 10 minutes I had to tell them that they actually had a carryout order, and the wait continued until 8:05 pm. 50 minutes for 2 burritos. The food is good but I just can't stand service like that, and will not be returning.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JimC44
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Not to good”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I went around 8:50 at night. They basically scraped the bottom of the barrel for me. Nothing was fresh. Out of queso. Why not just close when your out of product? Was not good. In fact food was quite cold. Red spicy sauce was horrible. I would have been better off to go to Taco Bell. :(

• Visited August 2013
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I know everyone compares Café Rio to Chipotle but I'll come right out and say I'm not a fan of Chipotle. I've been to Café Rio twice and both times the food was delicious. It's put together right in front of you and they are pretty quick. I love their enchiladas...you can get one enchilada, rice, and beans for about $6. Add a drink and it's about $8. Not bad for a lunch that fills you up.

• Visited August 2013