“Good burgers, decent choice for lunch”
Review of Elevation Burger - CLOSED

Elevation Burger
Cuisines: American
Dickerson, Maryland
“Good burgers, decent choice for lunch”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

They make what I would consider to be a good burger for a somewhat fast food place; it's not really a casual dining type of burger where you would order how you want the patty cooked. The closest similarity I can come up with is how In-n-out cooks there's; I would never think of ordering a medium rare double double and would never expect to get one if I did because it's not that kind of burger. They are good, though, so I believe some of the reviews of this place are the result of unrealistic expectations. I would not believe it if they could supply that type of burger in less than 5 minutes anyway.

There are a good number of choices for toppings, some of which carry a surcharge - cheese and bacon. Again, my preferences must be different than those of other reviewers because I would rather pay for what I want then subsidize the cost of someone else's bacon cheese burger.

The fries are nice done with olive oil; it gives them a different taste. I tried them both with and without toppings, which is an option (fancy). They did seem cooler than those fried in other oils, which I would attribute to the lower smoking temperature of olive oil. I think it was a reasonable trade off.

All in all I give them a 4. Much better than run of the mill fast food joints. The price isn't too high.

Frederick, Maryland
“I'd rather eat chalk”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

First and only time trying this place out and I'll never go back. I got an overpriced, cardboard burger, dripping with heavy grease.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Townie16
PA
“Not a standout”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We ate here for lunch one day during the workweek and it was not busy at all. The line area you stand in to order is not big at all, and you can't really see all the options on the menu board until you are in front of the cashier. They serve beef burgers and veggie burgers, and the "normal" size is a double patty burger. You are not asked how you want your burger cooked, so they all come out well done. I thought the meat needed some seasoning. There are lots of topping options (for an upcharge) but they don't add a ton of flavor. The fries are cooked in olive oil which results in a different (but good) flavor. I get that they are trying to tout themselves as a "healthier" option due to the fact that the beef is organic, but the burgers were literally dripping grease, and since you are eating 2 patties, I think there is nothing healthy about it. The food was OK, there was just no "wow" factor. Lastly, for a specialty burger joint, you would think they could have fancier buns. Nope, they are your standard burger buns you can buy at Costco, and they are not adequate to hold together a 2 patty burger. Oh well, I gave them a shot.

• Visited October 2013
Maryland
“Great Burger”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Loved a fresh tasting burger with whatever toppings I wanted and didn't feel like a heavy meal afterwards. Their shake while high in calories are amazing and so many combinations are possible. I was really happy to see that their menu listed a caloric intake for every item on their menu. Great local place to grab a burger.

Visited August 2013
Frederick, MD
“Lacking”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Unlike other reviews I have read, the service was very quick. The fries are good but you better eat them fast. I ordered to go and when I got the order, the fries were hot, fresh, and delicious. Perfect seasoning. But after less than five minutes of driving home, I opened my bag and the fries were cold and soggy. Now, I like soggy fries but I know not many people do. The burger was lacking. When I saw it being cooked, the cooks gloves were soaked in grease and when he touched the buns, the buns became greasy. I was missing some toppings and the toppings that were on there, there was only two or three of each (3 mushrooms, no lettuce which I asked for, also no mayonnaise, you get the point). For 9 bucks, I expected more. Afterwards, my stomach started to hurt, I would say less than an hour later and continued to hurt until the next morning. My advice-go to Five Guys. More food for the money and tastier and your stomach won't hurt.

Visited August 2013