“First time”

Ranked #119 of 406 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a well established seafood restaurant with a friendly, professional staff. Liberty Road Seafood offers freshly prepared food year round. Hard shell crabs, crab legs, oysters, shrimp, clams, crab cakes...All available by the platter or All You Can Eat. We have hand cut steak and ribs for the landlubber. Stop by and say hi!
Reviewed 16 August 2013

It was our first time eating here. It was a clean nice restaurant. The staff were very friendly and we had a good time with our waitress. Two people got all you can eat with crab legs amd I got the all you can eat with just the crabs. I shouldn't say just...because you can get steamed or fried shrimp, clams, ribs, roast beef, several sides and even more. Too much really! The first crabs were cold and not tasty,but the second time she brought them they were warm and tasty. The crab legs I'm told were delicious. I tried the fried shrimp and my husband the clams. Both were good. Our waitress constantly checked on us and brought more of everything before we asked. Would definetly eat there again.

1  Thank MDTour
There are newer reviews for Liberty Road Seafood

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I kept noticing movement in the old place and wasn't sure if it was salvagers or new ownership. Finally the electric sign came back on and red, white and blue banners were waving. I hadn't planned on eating there but I'm nosy and I had to check it out as this place has always been a favorite of mine. Even though the place was updated just prior to their closing it had been repainted again and all of the stuffed fish removed from the walls. Other than that the format and menu remained virtually the same. The name of the place includes "Seafood and Steak" though I have never tried any of their steaks a friend of mine has and he gave it a two thumbs up. I'm a Marylander born and raised and my palette for seafood is prejudiced. We have our own spice company called McCormick and they make a product called 'Old Bay' which cooking shows love to call seafood seasoning. I call it 'the taste of Maryland'. On this visit I wasn't in an 'all you can eat' mood but I did want a variety of seafood so I ordered one of their combination platters. I got a crab cake, 5 fried shrimp, and a lobster tail. The crab cake was properly seasoned and not overloaded with filler. The shrimp were perfectly fried and seasoned. If there was any problem it was very minor and it was the lobster tail was cut open but the chef didn't cut the meat loose from the shell the way the old chef did. I've read other reviews of this place that panned it because the table cloths are thick craft paper and the veggies were served in disposable plastic. Obviously these people have never been to any of the famous Maryland Crab Houses. I didn't eat any steamed crabs on this visit as it is still early in the season and the jumbos aren't really jumbo yet. I prefer to pay the difference and get the best as you get a lot more crab meat for a lot less effort. I did experience one problem on this trip that I'm going to let them slide on. I was finished eating my salad and they still hadn't brought my ice tea out. It turned out the brewer wasn't dripping very fast so I switched to soda which came out immediately. If you happen to be coming through the area and would like to try seafood the way we do it here I think you will find this place a good example of what its all about.

5  Thank Steven D