“delicious!”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The food is just delicious! Burgers ,BLT's, veggie sandwich, fries...so good! It is a bar but the food is worth the trip.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

On a Saturday around 2pm, Wags was packed! This bar was recommended to us by a few locals as we passed through Frederick. Overall the burgers were decent, but did not live up to the hype. I liked the creativity of the burger toppings (like the Reuben or Philly Cheesesteak). However, the restaurant was literally underground, dark and hot. My biggest concern was that there was only 1 waitress and 1 bartender serving 60+ customers, which made for rushed service.

1  Thank LostOnWilderness
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We'd read reviews and have been wanting to dine here for a wile. We finally went this evening. A little dark and small. Some of the customers were loud, but the music was great and the waitress was friendly and efficient. The. Food was excellent. I had a blue cheese burger with bacon, cooked to medium rare perfection. I substituted fries for the chips. The plate came with a mountainous pile of the most delicious fries I've ever had--better than the kind you get at the beach. There was way more than a human should be able to eat, but I ate every last one of them. I couldn't stop--I swear, those things must have crack in them! Will definitely return.

Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

A group of us stopped here our first night here. It is a nice size basement bar... not big but not too small... kind of just right for a neighborhood place. The waitress was happy, the other patrons seemed happy as they should with 2 for 1 drink specials. The prices weren't inflated. The food was ok pub food. I didn't find the fries to be anything special as they were hyped up on the menu. A good starting point for an evening out in old Frederick.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Great service and excellent food. They have several varieties of roast beef sandwiches which are all great. Also good burgers. yes, Wags is about 6 steps below street level and it is a little dark and dank - but I thought they call this "atmosphere?". In an age where most places look alike and serve the same hamburgers, etc Wags has a unique feel.