“Comfortable room and great location.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Room was very nice. Two queen beds, mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV. Stayed here to be close to the wedding reception venue. Very convenient to a Walgreens, Weiss supermarket and several nice restaurants close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and found it to be a very nice hotel. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was good and the room was nice. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 was because the key to my room did not work several times and it was not near my phone, credit cards, or anything else that may have caused it to fail. When I went to the desk the day BEFORE my check out about my key, they indicated that I must have extended my stay but I was always going to be styaing for 3 nights, as confirmed with the very friendly gentleman when I checked in. Other than the frustration with the key (4 times) I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor away from the elevator. They have rooms with sunset and sunrise views...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We felt like we were at home while staying at the Hampton Inn. The breakfast was delicious, our accomdations were great, the staff was very helpful and the location was easy to find. If I ever travel that way again I would most definitely stay there again. This hotel comes with high recommendation from me.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2013

When I went to the room, it had a strong smoke smell. I asked for another room and got a room without any smell. I hope they go after the person who was in the room before and bill them for cleanup.
Other than that, the only negative thing was how long it took to change channels on the TV using the remote.
The breakfast was tasty and healthy. The front desk had cookies and fruit in the evening, a nice touch. The courtesy of the staff at the front desk was exceptional.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times for at times for a couple weeks at a time. This location is much quieter than the other one on 270. It's closer to historic downtown where all the good restaurants and pubs are. The rooms are always spotless as are the rest of the grounds. The staff is professional and went the extra mile for helping locate things. I would stay again keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I checked in with one nice desk clerk on Fri. early eve. My friend called, maybe 1 hr later & asked to speak to me. This clerk said I wasn't registered. She called back three times more. On 4th, she gave my room #. He finally put her through & later told me he thought she had spelled my last name with a C. My last name is KArdoff not Cardoff. Very frustrating. Also, I could not get the tv remote to work. Breakfast spread was very nice. Room was nice. Bathroom was clean & excellent shower. Ample parking. Excellent location. Very convenient to DC and also shops in Frederick. I booked early but there was no mention of discount when doing so online. On other hand, there were free PCs to use in lobby. Love this feature.

Room Tip: Ask if remotes work when checking in. Elevators work well. Be sure clerks know spelling of your las...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mgmtdr
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The check-in staff could not have been any friendlier. The young lady at the Check-In desk was helpful with local directions for dinner, and other locations. I will stay here again!!! My room was clean, as was the entire hotel property. I am a road warrior who stay in hotels 125 nights a year. THis was one of the nicest experiances in a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business