“Hampton Stay for one night Friday”

Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Chagrin falls, United States
“Hampton Stay for one night Friday”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Everything was great except hotel staff did not know how to calm down the wedding party, so my family and I didn't get to sleep until after 3am. The staff was so generous in crediting our Hampton Honors point back to us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
East Stroudsburg, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am staying here on business and this was my second week and the staff is unbelievably nice and personable. They have exceeded my expectations in resolving any issue (air conditioning went out and they upgraded me to a suite) and are happy to do it. I recommend anyone who wants a great experience to stay here! They are a little high for the area but you do get what you pay for! They are the only hotel on the north side of Frederick which was extremely convenient for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Denver, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The staff here were the most accommodating and gracious hotel staff I have ever experienced. I stayed two nights recently for a wedding and the staff did a wonderful job taking care of the entire wedding party and guests during our stay. I cannot describe how impressed I was with attention and service from start to finish. I would recommend this particular hotel to anyone based on the service; it made all the difference in the world.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Allentown, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and efficient going out of their way to make you feel welcome. The common areas are pleasant and the breakfast is better than expected. The rooms are well appointed and kept extremely clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel this past weekend. The hotel itself was fine, I was there for a wedding and didn't anticipate being there too much, just needed a place to sleep. The hotel itself is nice, what you expect from a Hampton Inn.

The Cons:
1) Housekeeping started knocking at 8:15 AM. Check out is at 12 and I know you have lots of rooms to clean but really, I've never had anyone knock that early. The lady even started to open the door before I could scream No. Maybe start that a bit later.

2) There were multiple problems with the wedding party and their stay at this hotel. Internet codes didn't work, the staff was unaccommodating, people were being charged this and that. It was kind of a record keeping nightmare. I booked outside the wedding party because I booked later than they did so I anticipated no issues since I actually called the Reservation line to make my reservation. I got my bill the morning of check out and not only is it a different amount but not the same people I booked through. The amount on the bill was actually lower and I paid more through the reservation folks so I had two conflicting pieces of information. I went up to the front desk and I explained to the lady my concerns. She "looked" into it and was like, that's because you booked with Expedia. I told her I didn't booked with Expedia, I booked through Hampton Inns own reservation lines. She just repeatedly told me that I booked through Expedia and I would have to call them. In my head, I am going, I have never booked through Expedia, I am a Priceline person and on top of that, I BOOKED THROUGH HAMPTON INN. She never seemed to understand this or care. I quickly checked my credit card online and saw that I hadn't been double charged so I will be calling later to file a complaint. I followed up with the newly married couple and they said that this confusion happened across the board, nothing had been charged correctly to anyone.

I'm all for a nice place to sleep but if you can't keep your record keeping, I can't recommend your hotel. I will never, ever, ever recommend this place because 1) their records were bad and 2) their unwillingness to help, as a HILTON HOTEL, was ridiculous. And my problem wasn't even a big one, you'd think they'd want to keep the higher amount but I'll take that up with them when I call. If you are up that way, go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Donald M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I apologize for the inconveince that you experienced with the Housekeepers. I have reminded the Housekeeping Department that we do not knock on doors until 9am or when we are aware that guests have checked out. As for your room billing, our Guest Services Manager will be contacting you to investigate and resolve your room bill issue. Initially, it appears that you were given the wedding block rate, as opposed to the rate you were quoted when you booked your reservation. Again my apologies for any inconvenience that occurred during your visit.

Don Meaux,CHA
La Plata, MD
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were traveling with our grandson and wanted a hotel with a pool. The pool was good for him (3' at shallow end) and we got to enjoy the hot tub. There is an exercise room overlooking the pool (the AC wasn't working too well in that room). The room was quiet and comfortable. It looked like it had been redecorated recently. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was afraid it would not be a secure location, being near the highway, but we felt safe. The hotel guests also seemed to be nice folks. I loved the original art work hanging in the lobby and hallway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank D_Elaine_Dreamer
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I travel to Frederick, MD at least once a year, sometimes twice. I've stayed in a bunch of different hotels out where they're all grouped together and there are stores, restaurants and traffic. This one was SO much better than all the others! Tastefully decorated, excellent staff, beyond clean room, incredible breakfast, top notch all the way. I won't be staying anywhere else in the future, this is my favorite hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family