“Delightful and different... worth a try.”
Review of The Lodge - CLOSED

The Lodge
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Welcome to the Lodge, a restaurant filled with rustic charm that evokes images of the Pacific Northwest's open ranges and untouched natural beauty. The great outdoors is not just seen in our interior craftsmanship,but inspires our entire menu. Our food is all natural and all American,and the menu offers a plentful harvest of fresh meats, produce and grains directly from your local farms. Experience a better organic burger, bison, wagyu, elk, wild boar, kangaroo and lamb-the way nature intended it: fresh and free of hormones and steroids. It's all reminiscent of a time when you had to hunt and gather your own food the day you ate it-"form farm to fork" as we like to say. YOu can feel good at The Lodge because it's delicious and it's good for you. So gather your family and friends, cozy to the fireplace, and eat well-because we brought the great outdoors indoors just for you!
Frederick, MD
“Delightful and different... worth a try.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The best part: organic and all natural. Wagyu burger, really nicely done, but for me, I'll take the regular next time. I didn't see much different in that and regular or bison. They give you lots of burger addition options which is fun. My friend had the reuben and said it was the best he had ever had, and he has ordered hundreds in his lifetime. The other member of our party had the gourmet grilled cheese, but asked for swiss instead of cheddar. I had a taste of it, and it was awesome! She also ordered the sweet potato fries, which were crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, not loaded with salt, and a real treat. Desert was a warm brownie with a ganache topping and vanilla ice cream. Wow. Service was top notch, and our waitress was downright fun. Overall and delightful experience.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sharoo32

Frederick, Maryland
“Just ok, I might come back and try something else”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The decor is interesting, different for the area and they offer some exotic burgers (kangaroo, wagyu, bison...). I had the crab dip appetizer and a black bean burger on gluten free bread. I don't like that the crab dip has the gluten free symbol next to it but they serve it with bread and no gluten free dipping option. I also wasn't impressed with the burger, it was a little crunchy on one side (half overcooked?)

I may come back and try something else but I'm not going to hurry back.

Helpful tip of your going anytime soon: bring a sweater, they keep that place unreasonably cold.

washingtondc
“Very nice food Love the Decor”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Lodge offers game meat altho it says From Farm to Fork so domestically raised wild game? It offers regular meat too and even some meatless entrees. Group of three the night we went. We ordered as appetizer Alligator bites- deep fried- not much taste..no seasoning- tough and chewy more so than calamari texture but the Thai Basil dipping sauce was wonderful! My husband ordered a beef steak sandwich- I was surprised he did not go for one of the wild game offerings ( bison, wild boar, kangaroo, elk). I had a great lamb burger. Burgers are custom ordered- you choose the meat, the bread, the 4 toppings and the sauce. and it comes with one side dish- slaw, fires or steamed veggies. Would def go back again.The tables and chairs would look great in a mountain log home. I originally ordered crab cake platter only tobe told they were out of crab- that was unfortunate but I really enjoyed the lamb burger.

• Visited July 2014
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“The food is fantastic and the staff is even better”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First time at "The Lodge" and I will be back. wonderful game dishes and simple comfortable atmosphere. Many gluten free choices. The staff is fantastic...if we had a question they knew the answer or would find out. Very impressed

Visited May 2014
“Exotic meats”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stopped in for dinner early one night (a good thing too, because it becomes crowded very fast!) Think of The Lodge as a sports bar that specializes in exotic meat hamburgers. I ordered a buffalo burger medium rare. Both the buffalo and elk are from Maryland farms. The buffalo came out a little pinker than I expected, but buffalo should be a little underdone. The waitress made a minor mistake, but was very willing to rectify it. Check the web for coupons. I think I will try the elk the next time we go there.

• Visited May 2014