“Inconsistent food/service”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Welcome to the Lodge, a restaurant filled with rustic charm that evokes images of the Pacific Northwest's open ranges and untouched natural beauty. The great outdoors is not just seen in our interior craftsmanship,but inspires our entire menu. Our food is all natural and all American,and the menu offers a plentful harvest of fresh meats, produce and grains directly from your local farms. Experience a better organic burger, bison, wagyu, elk, wild boar, kangaroo and lamb-the way nature intended it: fresh and free of hormones and steroids. It's all reminiscent of a time when you had to hunt and gather your own food the day you ate it-"form farm to fork" as we like to say. YOu can feel good at The Lodge because it's delicious and it's good for you. So gather your family and friends, cozy to the fireplace, and eat well-because we brought the great outdoors indoors just for you!
“Inconsistent food/service”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

When the stars align, the food is outstanding and service is fast. However, it is incredibly and disappointingly inconsistent. Service has frequently been very slow, despite very few other customers at the time. If you order the same thing twice in 2 days, it may not appear to the be the same. When I mentioned this to the owner, he said it was my fault for not telling the waiter, then said it was because different cooks do different things. I left very frustrated. Hopefully, you'll visit on a good night.

1 Thank luckii00
Erik S, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I just want to follow up on your response from your score. I am the owner but don't remember saying that it is your faught for ordering wrong. Maybe I was joking because it doesn't sound correct.

My name is Erik Scheidhauer and my cellphone is 301.3709998.

Introduce yourself to me so we can improve your experience.

Thanks again.

Erik

Frederick, Maryland
“Extremely Disappointed...”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

With such an interesting restaurant concept for Frederick, I REALLY wanted to like this restaurant, but I was extremely disappointed. I haven't really heard anyone talk about this restaurant before, and now I I know why. While the staff was friendly, I can't say there was anything else that put this restaurant above average. I went with a large group and only 2 of us actually thought the food tasted good. From the appetizers we ordered to my main dish, I found everything pretty bland and forgettable. (And I am NOT that hard to please when it comes to food.) I ordered a mojito and it was pretty bad, I mean, who should have to ASK for limes for their mojito? Service was slow, and there was a mix up with my order. With so many great restaurants in Frederick, needless to say, I will not waste another dining experience at the Lodge.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank JEDIFam
Erik S, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am sorry for your experience at the Lodge. Why was the food so bland? What was the food did you order? Was the food overcooked? I would like to fiqure that problem out first. Why you haven't heard of us is because we are trying to get our menu to a science. I have owned different restaurants in Frdderick. I owned Beef O Bradys and manager partner at Glory Days Grill.

Hopefully, you got a bad day at the restaurant because each of our meats bring a totally different taste.

You can also call me on my cell phone at 3013709998.

Thanks
Frederick, MD
“Delightful and different... worth a try.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The best part: organic and all natural. Wagyu burger, really nicely done, but for me, I'll take the regular next time. I didn't see much different in that and regular or bison. They give you lots of burger addition options which is fun. My friend had the reuben and said it was the best he had ever had, and he has ordered hundreds in his lifetime. The other member of our party had the gourmet grilled cheese, but asked for swiss instead of cheddar. I had a taste of it, and it was awesome! She also ordered the sweet potato fries, which were crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, not loaded with salt, and a real treat. Desert was a warm brownie with a ganache topping and vanilla ice cream. Wow. Service was top notch, and our waitress was downright fun. Overall and delightful experience.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sharoo32
Frederick, Maryland
“Just ok, I might come back and try something else”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The decor is interesting, different for the area and they offer some exotic burgers (kangaroo, wagyu, bison...). I had the crab dip appetizer and a black bean burger on gluten free bread. I don't like that the crab dip has the gluten free symbol next to it but they serve it with bread and no gluten free dipping option. I also wasn't impressed with the burger, it was a little crunchy on one side (half overcooked?)

I may come back and try something else but I'm not going to hurry back.

Helpful tip of your going anytime soon: bring a sweater, they keep that place unreasonably cold.

washingtondc
“Very nice food Love the Decor”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Lodge offers game meat altho it says From Farm to Fork so domestically raised wild game? It offers regular meat too and even some meatless entrees. Group of three the night we went. We ordered as appetizer Alligator bites- deep fried- not much taste..no seasoning- tough and chewy more so than calamari texture but the Thai Basil dipping sauce was wonderful! My husband ordered a beef steak sandwich- I was surprised he did not go for one of the wild game offerings ( bison, wild boar, kangaroo, elk). I had a great lamb burger. Burgers are custom ordered- you choose the meat, the bread, the 4 toppings and the sauce. and it comes with one side dish- slaw, fires or steamed veggies. Would def go back again.The tables and chairs would look great in a mountain log home. I originally ordered crab cake platter only tobe told they were out of crab- that was unfortunate but I really enjoyed the lamb burger.

• Visited July 2014