“One of the best overall places I have ever been to.”
Review of Brew'D Pub

Brew'D Pub
Ranked #88 of 406 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, Brew Pub
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The restaurant is beautiful with its vintage, east coast charm and the wait staff is very friendly. Now to the best part... The food! I had the fish tacos which were great and my colleagues had the philly cheese steak and a half rack of ribs. One said that the ribs were the best he has ever had. The other said the philly was delicious. I am excited to go back when the patio area is opened to eat outside. Oh, I am not a beer drinker, but my colleagues had the 6 beer sampler and were both very satisfied.

We were not there for breakfast, but have heard from many that this is a great place for that as well.

Keep up the good work and may God bless you!

There are newer reviews for Brew'D Pub

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

And ask for Siobhan. As I was eating the crab cakes, I felt extremely close to the restaurant scene in "when Harry Met Sally". The crab cakes were out if this world fantastic, and after I gave my husband a taste of them, he wouldn't leave me alone. The Mac and cheese was a huge hit with the kids, and can also be ordered as a side. The adults loved it too. The carrots were wonderful, and the beer selection outstanding. The menu offered many price point choices, from higher end dishes, to sandwiches, salads, and appetizers. Atmosphere was very charming, with handpainted mural wallpaper featuring local landmarks, created by a local artist. There was a crackling fire in all of the fireplaces in the many dining areas, and the ladies bathroom was updated, clean and had charm as well. There was a nice pub area, and it was well attended but not crazy on a Sunday evening. We highly recommend this establishment, and would make this a local hangout if we lived close by, which sadly we do not.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We liked this place when it was The Silver Maple and Its actually better now. It's not so "uppitty" for dining. The bar was expanded (it needed it) and its a nice place for a casual drink or lunch. The selections are quite good and varied. Try one of the Stouts. The food is good definitely above pub level and again a good selection. They have started doing breakfast and. We tried the cooked on site donuts and they were good though I wouldn't eat them regularly myself. A key thing is the owner makes it a point to talk to his customers, asks for suggestions and listens. He is especially interested in breakfast suggestions now since that is the newest service. Lastly, it such a great historic building, quite cool and the mural in the dining rooms is cool tool. What's not to like about fireplaces as well. Eager for warm weather now to enjoy the patio there.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife and I have been twice now. Once when they were about a week old, and once when they were about a month old. Both times the kitchen was either fully or partially closed at 7pm. By fully closed I mean that we were told we could drink but couldn't order any food. By partially closed I mean that were were told we could only order fried items. The food I have tried has been very good and reasonably priced. The beer selection is original and very good. The service has been sub par to say the least. The bartender will disappear for 30 minutes at a time. If they decide to start honoring their posted hours they will be a great value, but you simply can't count on them being open, or having food when you visit at this point.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The restuarant was Hagen's Tavern then Silver Maple. I was reluctant to go. The Silver Maple had mediocre food, unattentive service, and high dollar meals. I hope that this was not a renaming of an old shoe.
It was not. I went with two other adults and three teenagers. The food was very good. Hamburgers, steaks, reuben that was terrific (not oily or greasy), good chilli, and a very nice grilled salmon -- I recommend the beer and lime glaze.
Deserts were standard. We enjoyed the cheesecake and my daughters wolf'ed down the molten chocolate cake.
The brew pub is not yet functioning. The bar has a terrific stock of local beers. The waitress was knowledgable and very prompt.
I definately will return!