“Poor to mediocre experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Way Off Broadway Dinner Theatre & Children's Theatre
Windsor, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor to mediocre experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I attended dinner and a performance of Singin' in the Rain. There was a mix-up with our tickets and it was unclear whose fault it was. Regardless, the management was rude and unsympathetic and offered no solutions. (We had come on Friday and were told that we had tickets for the Saturday performance.) The confusion may have been our fault, but the customer service was ugly. We were told there was no way we could attend that night's performance and dinner, and that no portion of our money could be refunded. It was only because of this that we came back the next night.

We returned on Saturday night. Dinner was a served salad plus buffet style hot food. One of our party requested another salad and was told there was no more available. None of the hot food was what I would expect to be served outside a school cafeteria. It all tasted bland, overcooked, and pre-packaged. The desserts were advertised as if they are a local favorite. I chose the peach cobbler and was disappointed. The peaches appeared to be canned and the topping was mushy and bland.

As for the performance, the production was amateur. Recorded segments were poorly-timed and difficult to hear. Costumes did not fit properly, either too tight or quite baggy, which distracted from the actors. Two or three of the actors were wonderful. Others had little stage presence and their performance seemed flat.

I would not recommend this establishment, although from what we observed many elderly people have loved the place for years. I will not be returning to the Way Off Broadway Dinner Theater.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Eva D

Frederick, MD
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great show, mediocre food”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The acting was great but the food wasn't. I think the food all came from Costco's freezer, it isn't horrible, but not great either. In any case it is well worth going for the show.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank alanbrooks
Frederick, Maryland
“I got to watch a play while eating food!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

What more could somebody ask for?! I love eating and watching preformances. It's a great place to bring the entire family too!

Visited April 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good for kids”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I just took my 3 year old and my 6 year old grandchildren to see "Tilly the Trickster", It was a Sunday matinee that included lunch. The lunches are definitely kid friendly, assuming that you are not allergic to the peanut butter sandwiches that were on the menu, we aren't but opted for the hotdogs and pizzas instead, We had seats at a table right in front of the stage, could not have asked for better seating, and the kids had a great time. The next play being offered is "Peter Pan" and I've already promised the kids I'll take them to see it. It was fun for adults and kids. What more could a grandparent ask?

They also over more adult type plays and I will seriously consider them the next time I need entertainment.

Visited February 2014
Pa.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Show wonderful but not the ticket person”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went to this show 2/22 and it was terrific. Sound of Music. My complaint is the ticket person, very rude, we got a show only ticket and we felt like we were second class citizens. She just wasn't customer friendly at all. You don't get a table, just a chair to sit on. Wasn't offered a drink to buy, just kinda ignored. You are put in a corner with a limited view. I realize it is off Broadway but think the consumer could be treated a little better even if it is just a show only ticket. I guess if there is a next time we will have to buy the dinner ticket.

Visited February 2014