“Very good meals with nice service and good atmosphere”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #42 of 412 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Easy access off and return to 15 with plenty of parking. We had a late night dinner which was ok but not outstanding. My fish sandwich was very good with a scoop of rice that was not hot. The other meal of Alaska Salmon was also good. You get a moderate amount of food, enough for us however if you are really big eaters you may go away hungry. The service was pretty good and facility was clean and pleasant. If you are not a fish eater your other options are extremely limited and would pass on this place. This is a chain and was my first time visiting one. I am not a big fish eater and my friend is so if it is my choice I would pass on this next time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Fast forward three months and I found myself back at the BFG in Frederick again. We visited on a Thursday night shortly before 9p. There wasn't a lot of people in the place at the time so we got to sit at a booth. We were promptly greeted by our server, Victoria Z. She was very pleasant. However, after taking our orders and helping to bring out our food, she kind of disappeared. I guess she couldn't be bothered. I had to flag down a non server throughout the meal for things we needed and to order dessert. It also took an incredibly long time to receive our meals after placing our orders. This shouldn't have been the case since the restaurant was about empty. I just don't understand what the problem is here.

I had a Blackberry Red Sangria ($5.50) to drink and a Chilean Sea Bass ($29.50) with lemon butter. I selected green beans and something called quinoa as my two sides. The green beans were quite good, but the quinoa was virtually inedible. Not only did I not like the quinoa or even know what it was until it was served to me, but apparently I was charged $1 extra for this side dish. I'm not sure why as it was disgusting. It tasted like I was eating little beads of grass or something; very strange. The sea bass, while fine, probably would have tasted a whole lot better with their warm mango salsa than the lemon butter I selected with it as the signature sauce. I had asked Victoria, our server, about the different types of sauces beforehand but she didn't recommend any of them to go with it to me. What a shame. I feel like I missed out due to the server not knowing the menu pairings well enough.

The service was not a total loss on this occasion though. During the elongated wait to be served, one of the managers swung by and delivered some complimentary Bang Bang Shrimp that the kitchen prepared for some other customers by mistake. I had been wanting to try this starter after hearing about how good it was from someone else. What a delight. They're right. It's definitely good. I'm a fan of the Bang Bang. My son and I ate it all gone. We ordered a dessert to share as closing time approached, a strawberry shortcake ($6.90). It wasn't very good. I had a few bites and was done with it.

I feel like this place has promise and interesting menu items to select from, but I keep getting let down by the lackluster service and long wait times. I get the feeling the employees are phoning it in here. The quality of food doesn't equal the inflated prices they charge their customers.

1  Thank NeoWasHere
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've been to Bonefish grill on several different occasions and the service, meal time preparation and prices remain consistently favorable. Thier warm bread along with the olive oil and herb dip is fantastic. Wish they had some for sale so I could take home with me. As a matter of fact, on one occastion one of our servers did provide us with a carry out portion of the olive oil dip so we could take home. The bang bang shrimp for an appetizer is a must. I also enjoy the Tilipia stuffed with shrimp and crab meat too. Weekends can be difficult for dinner because there always a wait, sometimes more than an hour, but you can hang out at the bar and enjoy some very tasty cocktails. Bonefish has a nice warm atmosphere with dim lighting to make for a nice romantic evening of good food and tasty cocktails. It's a place I love to visit and highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My family (13 of us) came from six different locations in PA, MD, and VA to meet here for Sunday dinner. Katrina (sp?) the lead server, was terrific. She and other servers managed our orders with graciousness, accuracy, and timeliness. Everyone agreed that our meals were terrific (from drinks, appetizers, entrees, to deserts) and that we would return again. Thank you, Bonefish Grill, for being a wonderful asset to our mini family reunion!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Looked on trip advisor for a fish place in Frederick, and this was less than a mile away, quickly seated, service was prompt and efficient. Restaurant on Saturday afternoon was occupied but conversation was not strained. Grand staff very good at not hovering. MOdest price, good food and could not hear the highway. PArking is a challenge in this shopping plaza but quite entertaining. Would return