“Amazing Staff!”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Brookville, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Staff!”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family in the area. The staff was very friendly and had excellent suggestions and knew the area well. Hotel was conveniently located to shopping and entertainment. Room and bed were perfect, were able to check in right on time with no problems. Stayed Fri-Sun. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
maryland
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I went with Hilton Garden Inn for my wedding guest. I had about 10 guest stay at the Hilton Inn when they came to town for our wedding.They all enjoyed their stay. Not one person had a complaint.
When setting up my wedding block, the cordinator was very helpful in answering all my questions and making the process not stressfull during an already stressfull time. She also kept me updated about my block.
My husband and I put together welcome bags for each of our guest and the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were more than accomadating in making sure all of our guest recieved a bag.
I would recommend anyone in Frederick, MD to use Hilton Garden Inn as their hotel for weddings!

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed here from PA while my friend was getting married. The staff was very courteous and helpful when we asked for tips on shopping and restaurants in the area. Breakfast in the hotel was great. Also enjoyed the fitness room!

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Nothing special for the business traveler and poor Wifi.

The rooms are clean and of standard size with a large LCD screen. The beds are comfy (and adjustable). One big down point is the internal airco - it's noisy. Other than that the furniture is fine and all works.

The front desk is friendly and courteous but doesn't always seem to be manned - my feeling is that the hotel would prefer more weddings and such like.

The restaurant is doable but after a week - forget it. The menu is limited. While the burgers are very good, the pasta is bland. The salad is fine. The evening service is ok but the morning breakfast service; I'm not overly happy having to wait for my coffee for a good few minutes while the waitress finishes her story to her friend and then even tells me that she had to finish her story. This is a hotel and NOT some diner. Probably if that little incident hadn't happened then it would have been plus one more point.

That sounds like sour grapes - it's not. It's a sign that maybe not all is as it should be qua training and responsibilities.

On the other hand - the maids were very friendly and helpful (giving extra coffee when asked).

What is around the area? Shopping malls and businesses, you need wheels if you are here and want to see anything.

Would I stay again? Yes - no problems.

(Why do I moan about the wifi? I'm a business traveler and I need the connectivity for my VPN access.)

Room Tip: If you want a room with wifi - it appears that the access point with the strongest signal is around...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We had a perfectly pleasant stay at this hotel. When we arrived in the morning around 10am, we were told our room wouldn't be ready until after 3pm. No problem. When we returned at 3pm they told us our room was still not ready and to check back in an hour. A little perturbed we ventured to the shopping area nearby (Westview Promenade). We were able to check-in to our room upon our return. The room was clean and bed comfortable. Staff was pleasant but not welcoming like I have experienced at other Hilton properties. The one thing I dislike about Garden Inns is the lack of a complimentary breakfast. The fact that they make you pay for breakfast seems a little outlandish in this day of hospitality where most properties provide guests with at least a continental morning meal.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2011

This is your typical HGI...The front desk staff and morning buffett staff are hit or miss (some frienldy...some not friendly). Hotel has a modest gym and pool ares (nothing special).

Given the numerous options I would stay a different hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2011

If you're familiar with Hilton Garden Inn's you know they all pretty much look and work the same... they're typically clean, well appointed, and well staffed. This property is no exception - its nearly identical to every other HGI I've stayed in (which is mostly a good thing).

Its location is good, particularly if you're spending time in the business park area(s) of Frederick. It has a small pool and a small workout room, both of which are clean and well maintained.

Ditto the small restaurant and bar. You probably wouldn't go out of your way to eat there if you weren't already in the hotel, but its decent food as hotel food goes.

Room itself was nice sized, had free internet and high def tv. The quality of the internet was so-so, and tended to get worse in the evening hours and early morning, presumably as everyone in the hotel logged on to work, or surft the net, or download movies or whatevertheheck they were doing. At times it became nearly unusable during those peak hours.

As with some other HGI's I've stayed at, the A/C unit was on the loud side. Luckily, once I set the thermostat high enough it'd kick off, but when it was running, it was on the loud side.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business