“Good Business Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is a clean, modern hotel with the latest business amenities. The lobby is designed with cozy seating and a few fireplaces. The room is sized amply with a flat-screen TV and an ergonomic chair and desk. They have a great workout room with the latest equipment, and the pool is clean and well kept. The beds are very comfortable, and the place is extremely quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Nynan,

Thank you for the great review of our Hilton Garden Inn! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the comforts and amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Frederick.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This hotel was impeccably clean. Check in was a breeze. Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The swimming pool and jacuzzi was wonderful. Overall, our stay was amazing! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Heather H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. “Amazing” is what we strive for and I am very happy to hear that we succeeded! I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to taking care of you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I have been exclusive to this property over the last year after trying the other Hilton brands in the Frederick. Over the year the staff has always been excellent. What sets this property apart from the others is the bar/restaurant/lounge and front desk personnel. I usually arrive late nights and early mornings and Chris is always quick and ready with my keys and bag. Rion, Crystal, Susie, or Tim are always available at the desk and willing to do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. The restaurant and Bar is always a pleasure to be around, especially after a long work day. Keli is always courteous and prompt behind the bar, and if she's not behind the bar then she is providing room service. With the new restaurant menu the food is always consistently good.

1  Thank RLAdams66
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here all week. I was gone during the day on business and my wife stayed at the hotel. She loved it! She especially love the gym. Everrything was very cleand and the staff was very nice. The room service was excellent. We would definetly stay here again.

2  Thank Jerrett P
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Jerrett P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed yourselves. The team at our Hilton Garden Inn works tirelessly to ensure every guest is comfortable and has a pleasant experience.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Frederick.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed three nights on a business trip. Room was clean. Bed and pillows were outstanding. HDTV set, but appeared to be largely non-HDTV channels many with lots of static. Wifi was good until all network connectivity was lost on my last night there (both wifi and ethernet). Didn't affect me too much, but a little bit of a pain. I didn't really have any staff interaction nor did I eat at the hotel so I can't comment on those.

Based on this stay, I would recommend a Hilton Garden Inn to others and it would be my first choice when staying in Frederick (helps that it is on my company's preferred list).

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bruegger,

Thank you for the great review and recommendation. We are glad to hear you were comfortable during your stay with us. As for the technology glitches, we are in the process of upgrading our cable service to HD. We are expecting that to be completed very soon. We understand your frustration and our team is working with our internet provider to diagnose the outage you referred to.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Great people make a hotel stay. Their staff is friendly, polite, attentive to needs--everything one expects from a solid brand like Hilton.

Only drawback--the HVAC system is a bit loud. When it kicks in, it KICKS IN. Sometimes made sleeping a bit difficult.

Outside of this, a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and away from the elevators. Ask for view of back parking lot near stairwell.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Modworldtraveler,

I could not agree with you more. The entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn works diligently to ensure that each and every one of our guests have a great experience while staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and our team.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was pleasantly suprised at the quick and courteous greeting by two smartly dressed men. Upon checking in I discovered that my reservation was incorrect and it was all my fault. The hotel had me coming in the week prior and had charged me as a no show. In seeing my distress at the situation the front desk manager quickly set my mind at easy and offered to not only fill my need for a room that day, but to waive the no show fee. I have rarely been treated with such courtesy and respect. My deepest thanks and gratitiude are extended to managment.

Having defused what could have been a terrible evening for me, I was free to enjoy the appointments and offerings of this fine hotel. The room was furnished with the best in furniture and my sore back (from the long trip) was welcomed to a very comfortable and ergonomicallycorrect desk chair. Access to the free high speed internet was quick and easy. The restroom was clean and sanitary with the nicest stone counter tops. I headed out for a dinner engagement, but upon returning was greeted with warm cookies and hot chocate.

Not having slept on this bedding system before I had no idea what to expect, but having a bad back usually wake to pain and stiffness. Neither of those symptomes visited me the following morning after having spent the night on the Garden sleep system. In researching the bed I found that the mattress has air chambers that can be set to accomodate your sleep preference. I believe the bed was set to a smaller lighter person the night before as I sank straight away into the middle of the bed, but I slept well.

There is a control knob located on the side of the mattress and under the fitted sheet. You must set this control to your desired comfort level and then wait for 15-20 minutes before getting into bed. It will not adjust the air chambers with your body weight on it. I only wish the front desk would have taken the time to expalin this small but significant detail prior to my retiring for the evening. You and I know better for our next visit, which I hope is sooner than later.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles S

Dear Charles S.,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your review of our Hilton Garden Inn. We strive everyday to ensure our guests feel welcome and at home. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of the reservation error and eased your mind regarding the "no show fee". We understand that mistakes happen and the last thing you need when you are away is stress about billing.

Regarding the sleep system, we are so pleased to hear that you loved it! Thank you for bringing up the point about the air pockets not filling while you are on the bed. We will make sure that going forward, guests are made aware of that so they can maximize the features of the sleep system.

Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to having you back the next time you are in Frederick.