Best Western Historic Frederick
ComfortInn
US$141
Fairfield Inn
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsroom was cleanclose to downtownwafflesstaff was very friendly and helpfulwould stay againplenty of parkingthe breakfast areaconvenient locationfree breakfastsinkmarylandhighwaymoteldcmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Friendly efficient service - room was clean and comfortable, although the bathroom was the tiniest I've ever seen in a big chain hotel. When the curved shower curtain is pulled closed there is not much room left. Hallways very noisy - we had a room near the pool with children constantly shrieking up and down the halls until very late at night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank drfaith
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My husband and I live in DC, and went up to Frederick for a concert at the Cafe Nola (downtown Frederick). Though it's a little more than an hour's drive back to the city, we decided to get a cheap room for the night so we could enjoy the music with a few beers.
The location is not quite what one would expect, the surrounding neighborhood is largely residential. When we were driving there, I though my GPS was taking a roundabout route, but no. The plus side to this is that it's very quiet and relaxed, i.e. no drunk people making a ruckus outside your window. The main drag of Frederick IS walkable from there in nice weather (just about a mile), but since it was raining, we took a cab wherever we went.
When we checked in, the clerk was very friendly and welcoming. We had a small issue and needed to change the credit card on file, and they were happy to accommodate us. The lobby was clean and nicely furnished, with two "squishy chairs" in front of a flat screen (we put these to good use while waiting for our cab into town), this opened into the breakfast area complete with cereal dispensers.
Our room was comfortable. The bathroom had a shower and toilet tucked close together (it may have been about 12 sq. ft., with the shower taking up about half) and the sink was in the room, right across from the bathroom door. Kind of a weird set up, but not inconvenient. The living space of the room was much larger. In addition to the very cozy king-sized bed, there was a desk (with chair), another "squishy chair" (with squishy ottoman, yay!), mini fridge, coffee maker and the other accoutrement one expects from your basic hotel room. All in all, fairly pleasant.
In the morning, we went down for the Complimentary Continental Breakfast. Compared to most places, this was brilliant. They had bagels, pastries, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee and hard-boiled eggs (chilled). Sure, it's not a tree-egg omelet with toast and bacon, but it was plenty to get us moving, and it was far better than expected for an inexpensive hotel chain. There was an employee of the hotel refilling things as needed and cleaning tables as they cleared; again, this is far better than most continental breakfasts I have experienced.
When we checked out, we got a pleasant surprise. When we booked the room online, we were told the rate was $80 for the night. Our bill said $60. YAY! Needless to say, we gladly paid this amount. As a bonus, our trip back to DC only took 45 minutes, instead of an hour.
All in all, our stay at the Best Western Historic Frederick was quite nice. The only drawbacks were the odd set up of the bathroom/sink and the residential location. However, for $60 it was a great value, and we would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bluzluvncellist
Reviewed 4 April 2011

staff was friendly, room was clean. Kings sized bed was SUPER comfortable and no problems at all. Bathroom was kind f small, but okay none the less. Would defintiely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The good news is this hotel is in a good location. It is close to historic downtown Frederick. It is clean and the fixtures/furniture are nice as was the person at the front desk. The bad news is it sits right next to a freeway. Noisy. Also, the walls are paper thin and you can hear everyone's doors closing and people talking in the next room and hallway, The mattress was terrible. We both woke up too early with sore backs. The coffee in the lobby was always empty.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My husband and I come to Frederick every January to have Christmas with my son, as well as celebrate two birthdays and this year our 30th wedding anniversary. We usually stay with friends but because it was our 30th anniversary, I looked around for a motel/hotel to stay in. Finding Best Western, I check trip advisor and found good reviews. All of them were correct. We arrived around 7 after first visitng with my son. The Desk Clerk, Mindy, was great. After checking us in, she asked if we wanted coffee and made us a fresh brew of decaf. Then she offered us pizza. The next evening she spent time assisting me in the exercise room. The accommodations were great. Mindy upgraded us to a mini-suite at my request which was the same price as our original reservation. We took advantage of the 7 night advance/no cancellation option and felt the rate was more then reasonable for the room. Sofa, frig, microwave, immaculate room, flat screen TV, Internet, comfy bed, everything we needed and a great breakfast in the morning with two free newspapers. Yes, as some wrote, the bathroom was tiny but for the time I spent in it, I never gave it another thought. Hot water was my priority and that was plentiful. Thank's Mindy and Best Western for help making our 30th anniversary so sweet.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple