Motel 6 Frederick - Fort Detrick
US$206
US$151
US$147
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This hotel obviously started its life as a different brand hotel, had meeting rooms, a fake fireplace in the lobby, a pool, gazebo and grass area on the back side of the hotel. The rooms are Huge! Unfortunately the maintenence problems are huge too!

The first room I checked into seemed warm, but I turned on the AC and went to dinner, when I returned - it was still warm. But it was late at night so decided to report it in the morning. I also noticed that there was no rack to hang my clothes by the vanity in the room.

The room did have a microwave and very small fridge, they should have put the fridge on the desk it was so small and hard to get into on the floor. There was also an iron and ironing board & hairdryer! unheard of for a motel 6. NO hair shampoo, only one small bar of soap. NO coffee in room. They advertise 24 hour coffee in lobby but they only had it in the AM, never in the afternoon. Towels are few and very thin. If you have more than 1 person staying in the room you will have to go get extra towels daily from the front desk.

The next AM I report the non working AC to the young lady at the front desk. I returned in the afternoon and checked on the status - well she never bothered to report the problem!!! So Adrian at the front desk rushed to get the maint guy to come look at it - he promptly said that it could not be fixed so moved me to another room.

I wanted to stay on the back side of the hotel as there is a grass area to walk the dogs, you can not park on that side but it was better than looking at the parking lot and movie theater next door. So I was moved to another non smoking room on that side. When I walked in the room the air was cold - I was releaved, then I checked the tub - there were huge strings of caulk, maint was removing all the caulk around the tub and had left it in the tub. I went to the front desk and reported that and was told - well that was the room I was told to put you in. So I had to get my own towels and soap for the room and clean the tub out myself. At least this room had a place to hang my clothes. The next morning however I found that the hairdryer did not work. When I reported that to the front desk I was told that they knew that some don't work and are going to remove all of the hairdryers. The water pressure in both rooms was low and the water temp varies as you take a shower. Oh and all the knobs are on backwards, so if you turn it to cold,you get hot water and visa versa.

The pool looked great but I was told by another guest it was closed. Too bad as it was in the mid 90's!

Some of the other guests were guys who hung out on the balcony on the second and 3rd floors drinking at night. I was with a big group of dog show people so we out numbered them so I felt safe. If I had been there alone I might not have felt as safe. Seems like a fairly safe area, we walked across the street to a place to eat, starbucks is close.

Its a shame as the hotel is pretty nice, BIG rooms, Clean. The maint guy was also doubling as the front desk clerk on some afternoons so no wonder the fixes can't get done.

I got a rate of $53 and no dog fees which I appreciate. I might stay there again but I would check the room first before moving in and make sure everything worked.

Room Tip: Courtyard/pool side, but no parking there
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2010

You don't expect luxury from Motel 6. Very good rate. Pets accepted. (I must be the only one who cleans up after my dog. The grass was loaded with land mines.) We had two rooms. Fridge did not work in one room. I reported it at check out. What should be vacuumed and dusted was, but the room needed a deep cleaning. Doors were dirty. Front desk agent was very helpfull. Hotel is quiet and has good bedding.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

In most ways a superior hotel room (king bed) but h/c bathroom has no flat spaces for toiletries (things fall on the floor.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2010

for the price, this was a very acceptable room. the mattresses HUGELY need to be turned (over and around) occasionally. it was weird and inconvenient to have no clock and no coffeepot. also, the room "keys" went "on the fritz" often and had to be replaced at the front desk. however, it was an attractive room overall and it was clean, although the carpet seemed damp like it had maybe been shampooed and then not thoroughly dried.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

No bathroom fan....very worn linens---hope they were clean No kleenex, shampoo,nor coffee in room. Did have microwave and refrig. Front desk frequently unmanned. No breakfast except coffee in the office and not well refilled., no napkins

The price was right and the pool nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple