“Clean and Affordable”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Bel Air, Maryland
“Clean and Affordable”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stay at a bunch of hotels when traveling and am usually pretty picky about them. The guy (Tom) at the front desk was very kind and helpful and got me checked in very fast. Once I got into my room I was surprised how clean it was. It looked newly renovated. Even for a smoking room the towels and sheets didn't smell bad and the wood floor was nice and clean. 32" LCD TV and if u pay $3 extra you get a fridge and microwave. Great food options nearby. Get "Pretzel and Pizza Creations" delivered while you’re there, you’ll thank me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

As a dog owner and frequent road-tripper I have stayed in my share of Motel 6's. This one has the delightful make over of faux wood floors, new bedding and tile bathroom floors. All things that I love as they don't keep in odor. It looked wonderful and was clean.

The management and front desk were very nice and accomodating but my stay was not without mishaps. Fire alarm on for an hour one night while they were obviously trying to fix it and the next night housekeeping cleaned rooms until 830pm and charge past my room every10 minutes with their bins on wheels making a jolt everytime. I finally gave up trying to sleep as it would scare the dickens out of me. I had to make an early start the next day so was happy to turn in early, but that was not to happen I guess.

There were other little things like delay in checking in, no light bulb working in bathroom, multiple tries at a working remote, internet access given to me the first day complimentary, but upon check out was added to my bill...but it is motel 6 I have come to expect those things.

The staff was nice and room was clean and new...that along with their very reasonable price were the things to concentrate on.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Effingham, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

great stay, very very clean, good beds. had been looking for holiday inn express but lost and tired so pulled into first available. low price concerned me so looked at room first. clean, simple. front desk great. starbucks couple blocks away. all was great

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Checking in after 10 we didn't expect to get the room that we reserved but to our surprise we did. However we had to change rooms due to poor air conditioning into still another room with no air. After the 3rd room change and two days later we got a room with air that was excellent. However, it was a double with no fridge or micro, unlike our reservation. Recent renovated rooms are very nice and clean. Pros: quiet, comfy beds Cons no free wifi and grounds were not kept clean.

Room Tip: Make sure the a/c works before unpacking.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hudson, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2013

my niece and myself stayed @ this motel on July 3rd 2013 and the room was great. very large room and it was clean! had new sheets and blankets on the bed, and the staff was awesome not to mention very friendly :) i would recommend my friends to this motel. the pool was clean and looked nice but sadly we didn't have time to swim :( and there was plenty of shopping and places to eat very close by.....
wish we could of gotten a room for our next trip to Gettysburg august 9th 2013 but its all good there is always next year :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Most of my experiences at M6 have been dismal so I used a "guest certificate" at this property for one night and was so happy and impressed that I PAID to book a second night. The desk staff (females) are so helpful, friendly and professional. Finally, M6 room that was spotless clean, in working order and although furniture was lacking (no desk or chair) -- the bed was very comfortable. The only problem on this stay was my second paid night ... the internet went down after a storm and the desk (male) attendant didn't want to help fix the router nor attempted to compensate in some way for the inconvenience. I had to ask for access code renewal. Lots of good shopping and even a movie theater across the parking lot. I will return here!

Room Tip: Upper floors better... be careful, so long-term guests are there with children and it can get noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was a stop over on our road trip. our room was freshly painted and new wood/ laminate floors. It looked and smelled very nice! When brushing our teeth we notice hair and who knows what else under the rim of the sink and the bath room was a bit funky, but other than those minor issues it was a great stopover.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple