“Excellent for the price! Clean and great service!”

Motel 6 Frederick - Fort Detrick
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
“Excellent for the price! Clean and great service!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I travel all the time and have to say this is the best price for the value. Clean and great service.
Other hotels in the area could learn from this hotel. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in the area. I will recommend this hotel to everyone who is in the Frederick MD area. Thank goodness good service still exists in the hotel industry.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
BELLWOOD
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My group traveled to Washington for the 50th anniversary for Martin Luther king and when we was told that we was going to stay at a motel 6 I was like noooo...WE travel alot so I am familiar with different hotels when we arrived i was so tired the front desk lady was very nice and quick with taking care of us. I went to my room opened the door with my eyes closed then I realized it was very clean,new looking with hardwood floors and the bed was comfy not bad at all for a motel 6.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LARRISSA M
Smithfield, Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We were traveling home from our family vacation and decided to stop here, while we found the hotel to be clean and updated we were disappointed to find the lacking in ammenities. There is no room info, phone info, clock, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, luggage rack, or wall hanggings {there was almost an echo}. The list could go on but we don't see any need in iron boards and irons or even coffee if it is available in the lounge. There was also plenty of space in the newly renovated rooms to have a table and chairs. Very unconfortable only being able to sit on the beds.

Why is there a reading lamp in the corner with no chair?
(YOU paid the designer TOO much)

Why is the refrigerater and microwave so small if you have to pay extra for it?
We put some lunch meat and cheese in the refrig for lunch on the road for the travel home but unfortantly it was frozen by morning.

Why are there ashtrays in the non-smoking rooms if smoking isn't allow, please give me shampoo and conditioner instead.

They need to partner up with local restaurants for an info book in the room to promote locale eating facitiles that may also recommend them

Overall, it's cool that they have a theater and many facilities around them; you won't know it without investigation on your own

If you say here, ask management to provide you with local area info.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann S
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stay at a bunch of hotels when traveling and am usually pretty picky about them. The guy (Tom) at the front desk was very kind and helpful and got me checked in very fast. Once I got into my room I was surprised how clean it was. It looked newly renovated. Even for a smoking room the towels and sheets didn't smell bad and the wood floor was nice and clean. 32" LCD TV and if u pay $3 extra you get a fridge and microwave. Great food options nearby. Get "Pretzel and Pizza Creations" delivered while you’re there, you’ll thank me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

As a dog owner and frequent road-tripper I have stayed in my share of Motel 6's. This one has the delightful make over of faux wood floors, new bedding and tile bathroom floors. All things that I love as they don't keep in odor. It looked wonderful and was clean.

The management and front desk were very nice and accomodating but my stay was not without mishaps. Fire alarm on for an hour one night while they were obviously trying to fix it and the next night housekeeping cleaned rooms until 830pm and charge past my room every10 minutes with their bins on wheels making a jolt everytime. I finally gave up trying to sleep as it would scare the dickens out of me. I had to make an early start the next day so was happy to turn in early, but that was not to happen I guess.

There were other little things like delay in checking in, no light bulb working in bathroom, multiple tries at a working remote, internet access given to me the first day complimentary, but upon check out was added to my bill...but it is motel 6 I have come to expect those things.

The staff was nice and room was clean and new...that along with their very reasonable price were the things to concentrate on.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Effingham, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

great stay, very very clean, good beds. had been looking for holiday inn express but lost and tired so pulled into first available. low price concerned me so looked at room first. clean, simple. front desk great. starbucks couple blocks away. all was great

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Checking in after 10 we didn't expect to get the room that we reserved but to our surprise we did. However we had to change rooms due to poor air conditioning into still another room with no air. After the 3rd room change and two days later we got a room with air that was excellent. However, it was a double with no fridge or micro, unlike our reservation. Recent renovated rooms are very nice and clean. Pros: quiet, comfy beds Cons no free wifi and grounds were not kept clean.

Room Tip: Make sure the a/c works before unpacking.