“OK but Poor Customer Service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frederick
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I reserved a room for two nights a month in advance, the day of my arrival, I called and was assured that a ground floor room was reserved for me. I was staying in Frederick with my dog, and needed to carry his large metal crate from the room to the car each day. When I arrived, the room that I had been promised had been given to someone else. I could understand this, EXCEPT THEY HAD MY CREDIT CARD # TO HOLD THE ROOM. Plus you pay dearly to have a pet with you. For $138.00 dollars a night, I expect better service. A person from the desk grudgingly carried my crate up the stairs, but was very rough with it, actually trying to roll it at one point. When I complained the next morning, I was told you can't reserve a specific room, but then when I asked to move when a ground floor room became available, I was told they were blocked off for another group. I travel to Frederick a few times a year, but won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Management5579, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I do apologize for your unpleasant stay at the Country Inns & Suites in Frederick, MD. It is our policy that we attempt to meet all the needs of the guests and provide them with an outstanding stay. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and they will receive retraining on guest service standards immediately. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what it means to be guest friendly in the future.
Thank you for your comments.
Lee Ireland
GM

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The rates are very good and that will make me return when I'm travelling on a tight budget. The hotel is opposite the Francis Scott Key mall which is handy for shopping and there are a number of restaurants in the area. I stayed here twice, the second time for a full week. I didn't try the breakfast. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Remember to ask for a fridge and microwave if you require one as not all rooms have them. There is no elevator therefore request ground floor accommodation if you have large baggage, however the noise from the floor above is noticeable. In the hotel passages, the smell of smoke and the noise is noticeable, however you are protected from this in your room.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a fridge and microwave if you require one as not all rooms have them. There is n...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Glen K
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have stayed here twice. Carlson is renovating the property and doing a great job. It is clean and comfortable though the rooms are a bit small. Also, the breakfast does not start until 7am on the weekends which means we do not get to have breakfast there as we need to leave by 6am. However, there are many restaurants nearby which is very convenient. They are also dog friendly!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for three nights. The room was clean and comfortable and was a nice brief respite from our moving out. It's right off of 70 and 270/15 but out of road noise area. It's located right by a mall and many quick eating and restaurants. The room was spacious, however there were a couple of things we disliked. One reason we chose the hotel was because it had breakfast served during the mornings. The breakfast provided was sub par other Country Inn and Suites hotels we stayed in, specifically the one in Bel Aire. Food was basically inedible. Another thing we disliked was the air conditioning units were not pulling humidity out of the air despite mild days. Also with a packed car we were sad to see no security cameras. However we would stay there again because the price for the stay was great.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank YellowForsythia .
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is recently refurbished, so the rooms looked very nice - although no insulation between them.

Bed was great, water pressure fine but internet was super slow.

Breakfast was free, but not worth looking at. Panera bread next door would be a much better option.

There seem to be only one person working there at any given time, so check-in was very slow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Check in was delayed due to the hotel being closed because of a fire scare - I understand this is out of their control but still frustrating to be delayed by over an hour. Once checked in I had to wait for clean towels to be delivered.
Room was clean but not soundproof - heard other guests arriving all night long. Refrigerator thermostat not working properly.
Location is close to mall and historic downtown area as well as fairgrounds (my destination). Had to leave early so missed breakfast. Very difficult to find as street numbers make no sense what so ever. I literally drove around 20 minutes trying to find it by street number.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were on our way home from a vacation and all motel's in the area were filled. It was suggested that we go to Country Inn. I hesitated because it was rated a 2 but it was late and we had no other place to go with a small child and we needed 2 rooms. We were so surprised with the friendly greeting we received, the cleanliness of the lobby and the rooms. Everything was done to make our stay as comfortable as possible including bringing in a crib for the baby. There were so many choices for breakfast, something for everyone. I would highly recommend staying at this location. You will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family