“Road-weary & need a nap! ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frederick
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Windber, Pennsylvania, United States
“Road-weary & need a nap! ”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Hubs and I were feeling a bit road-weary after a 7 hour drive with 2&1/2 hours still to go. Stopped in this place and luckily it had a room available. This place is CLEAN, completely non-smoking, modern, and just all-around lovely. We will stay again and definitely recommend to others. Toiletries are Pantene naturals, lots of towels, and full breakfast included in a $109. rate. This is a good one!

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
new jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were happily pleased to find the hotel fresh from a recent renovation, a quite complete breakfast including waffles, egg omelets, and a variety of juices. It's well located near Francis Scott Key mall, May's Restaurant (go for the crabcake!), and easy access to downtown Frederick.
The only drawback is the slow internet, but it's free and they provide a terminal for those without a device. Help is cheerful and helpful, especially Tracee who helped us to get diesel fuel at Sam's Club, just newly added the gas station (not yet updated at the Sams website).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marshall, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I reserved a room for two nights a month in advance, the day of my arrival, I called and was assured that a ground floor room was reserved for me. I was staying in Frederick with my dog, and needed to carry his large metal crate from the room to the car each day. When I arrived, the room that I had been promised had been given to someone else. I could understand this, EXCEPT THEY HAD MY CREDIT CARD # TO HOLD THE ROOM. Plus you pay dearly to have a pet with you. For $138.00 dollars a night, I expect better service. A person from the desk grudgingly carried my crate up the stairs, but was very rough with it, actually trying to roll it at one point. When I complained the next morning, I was told you can't reserve a specific room, but then when I asked to move when a ground floor room became available, I was told they were blocked off for another group. I travel to Frederick a few times a year, but won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Management5579, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frederick, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I do apologize for your unpleasant stay at the Country Inns & Suites in Frederick, MD. It is our policy that we attempt to meet all the needs of the guests and provide them with an outstanding stay. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and they will receive retraining on guest service standards immediately. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what it means to be guest friendly in the future.
Thank you for your comments.
Lee Ireland
GM
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The rates are very good and that will make me return when I'm travelling on a tight budget. The hotel is opposite the Francis Scott Key mall which is handy for shopping and there are a number of restaurants in the area. I stayed here twice, the second time for a full week. I didn't try the breakfast. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Remember to ask for a fridge and microwave if you require one as not all rooms have them. There is no elevator therefore request ground floor accommodation if you have large baggage, however the noise from the floor above is noticeable. In the hotel passages, the smell of smoke and the noise is noticeable, however you are protected from this in your room.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a fridge and microwave if you require one as not all rooms have them. There is n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Glen K
Baltimore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have stayed here twice. Carlson is renovating the property and doing a great job. It is clean and comfortable though the rooms are a bit small. Also, the breakfast does not start until 7am on the weekends which means we do not get to have breakfast there as we need to leave by 6am. However, there are many restaurants nearby which is very convenient. They are also dog friendly!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for three nights. The room was clean and comfortable and was a nice brief respite from our moving out. It's right off of 70 and 270/15 but out of road noise area. It's located right by a mall and many quick eating and restaurants. The room was spacious, however there were a couple of things we disliked. One reason we chose the hotel was because it had breakfast served during the mornings. The breakfast provided was sub par other Country Inn and Suites hotels we stayed in, specifically the one in Bel Aire. Food was basically inedible. Another thing we disliked was the air conditioning units were not pulling humidity out of the air despite mild days. Also with a packed car we were sad to see no security cameras. However we would stay there again because the price for the stay was great.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank YellowForsythia .
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is recently refurbished, so the rooms looked very nice - although no insulation between them.

Bed was great, water pressure fine but internet was super slow.

Breakfast was free, but not worth looking at. Panera bread next door would be a much better option.

There seem to be only one person working there at any given time, so check-in was very slow.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends