“Great staff, hotel really needs a major overhaul!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Littleton, Colorado
“Great staff, hotel really needs a major overhaul!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staff is by far the best part of the hotel with the exception of no weekend service to the room and a trip to the front desk to get it handled. The staff are warm and welcoming and truly make you feel at home. The hotel however leaves little to be desired and needs a major overhaul. I felt like I was staying in a damp basement, bugs included, I've stayed in nicer hotels when I was with the military than this poor hotel. In fact, I got sick from staying at this hotel, and in speaking with another co-worker, am not the only one to have been made sick by staying at this Holiday Inn. I will NEVER stay at this place ever again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, unless you want to be made sick too. When I asked to switch rooms upon my arrival and smelling the mold so strongly in my room was told "oh, you probably have a leak behind your wall". Oh my! I was promptly given the choice of another room and it was a little better, but if you consider still smelling mold in your room better. I had to keep the A/C quite cold to keep the dampness down in the room as well as the mold smell.

Room Tip: Away from the vending machines, kids like to beat on them when they don't get their soda at 10:3...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephanie L
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Stephanie L,
I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not enjoyable, despite the superior service from our staff. We certainly work hard to provide a pleasant and comfortable stay for our guests and it is equally upsetting for us when that does not happen. Of particular concern for me is that you indicated that you fell sick while staying here and I wanted to reach out to you and ask that you call us so that we can follow up on this. We have recently changed ownership and management companies and are working towards making improvements to the hotel that I know will be of benefit to you and other guests. Please consider staying with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Radcliff, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have to say that the people at the front desk were very nice and made us feel welcome.We had great service at breakfast, the ladies were the best. I have only one big complaint. I spent the extra money for a king size bed, and they gave us a corner room that overlooked the pool. It was a great room plenty of room for us and the kids. It had a loose toilet seat but the bathroom was clean. My only major complaint is that they gave us a piece of granite for me and my wife to sleep on. This was an unpleasant surprise especially for a three star hotel.I told the young lady at the front desk and she was pleasantly honest and said that renovations were going to happen soon. I have deployed and slept more comfortably on the ground in Bosnia and Croatia. The mattress on the sofa bed looks better than the one on the king size bed.I have only one more night to go on this bed.I am hoping that the renovations happen soon. I accept that I have been robbed but hopefully it will be better for the next person. I give it three stars because of the awesome people who have been good to us.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jc5771
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your response on your recent stay with us! We definitely enjoyed having you here and it's great to hear that our staff was able to accommodate you throughout your stay. The information was passed along to us by our front desk agent about the concern with the bed (so this rings a bell) and if you are back in town with us again - maybe we will be able to find a room with a better mattress for you! As she said, we are excited to have upcoming renovations done to the hotel so stay tuned for that! In the meantime, we certainly appreciate you staying with us and hope to have you back again soon. Thanks so much!
Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The decor was a bit dated, but we loved our stay. We had a room that opened to the pool area, the pool and hot tub were very clean. We enjoyed our stay. There was a wedding reception going on but the noise did not disturb us at all. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay with us at the Frederick Holiday Inn. We are glad that you had a fun time and had a great spot for the access to the pool and indoor recreation area - it is a fun area, isn't it? To make it even better; we are working on some modern updates to the hotel so when you are back in the area and stay with us again, hopefully you will notice a more up to date appearance in some of the areas! Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I had to be in Frederick for business early one May morning so we decided to drive to town the night before.
I have years if search & rescue training but I spent an extra 15 minutes trying to find this ace after my GPS told me I had arrived.
When we got to out room I was totally unimpressed. I knew this was an older Holiday Inn property so I expected a certain amount of Old stuff like the vanity and other amenities.
I was underwhelmed to find dirty and stained carpeting, mildew at multiple places in the tub area, ceramic tiles loose and falling off the wall, all definitely not up to Holiday Inn specs.
The common areas were old but clean and well kept.
I would not recommend this hotel and I wonder why it is still a Holiday Inn and not a Ramada or La Quinta.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us early last month. I am sorry to hear that there were concerns with the particular room that you stayed in, but I would certainly like to look into these issues for you! As we are always continuously inspecting our rooms, I would like to have our maintenance and housekeeping team look at the room that you stayed in so that we can address the issues that you encountered. Again, I apologize that your stay was not as pleasant as you would have liked, but we would love to have you come back so that we can make your stay much more enjoyable. Please contact us if you are able so that we can find out which room was utilized during your stay with us! Thanks so much.

Travellers are raving about these Frederick hotels

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Front desk service is terrible. Only one person helping guests, despite several people continuously walking in and out of the office. My room keys would not work, and I had to keep waiting for front desk guy to reprogram them. Building is bad shape, worn out and in desperate need of a massive overhaul. Rooms were dirty, and need to be repainted. Carpets threadbare and moldy. The air conditioner in my room did not work very well. "Maintenance" came by and told me to close my blackout blinds if I wanted the room to cool off. What a joke!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your response in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I would really like to look into the service that you received during your stay so that all areas are addressed with the staff. If you can contact us directly to let us know when you stayed and what room you stayed in, we would certainly like to evaluate the service. We are continuously doing room inspections for areas to improve the appearance and functionality of the rooms, so having a room number to help us inspect your room more thoroughly would be greatly appreciated. We hope to hear from you soon and appreciate your comments so that we can continue to improve. Thank you.
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a Platinum Ambassador, this room 126 is an embarrassment. I am not used to staying in rooms like this. Just walk in and look at the walls, the ceiling, the doors and the door jams and you will know what I am talking about. It's dirty. A little paint would go a long way and judging by some of the other reviews, sounds like this hotel needs some serious renovation. What is the hold up? I come through Frederick once a month, but will tell you I will not stay here again until something is done. I will stay at the Hampton Inn across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LarShar4
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel and I apologize that the stay was not up to standards for you. We will certainly look into the room that you were recently in to see what areas we can improve on to make this more accommodating to the guests. Hopefully we will have you back with us in the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel as it is difficult to find at night. I was traveling solo. I did not feel safe.
Could not close the blinds and the lights from the nearby mall were bright in the room all night long. The hairdryer in the room did not work and the front desk did not have an extra?! Was allowed to use another room but still. . Really!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JennynJeffya
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your response. I'm sorry that there were concerns during your stay with us recently. Please let us know if you would be back in the area again as we certainly want to make your stay the best that we can. I remember being told about this hair dryer situation so we have gone in and taken care of the hair dryer so that it is in working order, so we appreciate that you let us know about it. We are always here to help, so if there is anything we can assist with during your stay, we will certainly do our best to make it the best. Thanks again.