“A Wonderful Surprise!”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
San Francisco, California
“A Wonderful Surprise!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I had reservations at a different hotel across town, but changed at the last minute because it was just so bad over there. Although I arrived late, I was welcomed at the Hampton Inn and given a wonderful room! Since I had no prior reservation, I was just going to take a chance on whatever they gave me. My normal request is "upper most floor, near the elevator". Without even asking, this is what I was given. The room was large and spacious, and most of all light! My room was on the front side of the hotel which overlooked I-270 to the north. What a treat that turned out to be! Wonderful sunsets in the evenings, I saw President Obama's motorcade returning from Camp David and I was greeted with a lone hot air balloon on the second morning of my stay! Fun!

I could not have been more pleased with my accommodations and stay at the Frederick/Buckeystown Hampton Inn! Thank you for the great room!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Frederick, MD. We were so excited to read your comments….We Love exceeding our guest’s expectations! We think it is wonderful that you not only enjoyed your room, but also got a few really cool "extras" like seeing President Obama's motorcade returning from Camp David and a hot air balloon! Now that is a room with a great view!

We are so happy that you have found us….and we look forward to being your “hotel of choice” when visiting the Frederick, MD area. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
McMurray, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stayed one night at the Hampton Inn Frederick and simply loved it. The front desk people were wonderful as were the maintenance people. We had a beautiful room that was so comfortable it also had a microwave and fridge and a seperate sitting room. The restaurant in the hotel was excellent with a wonderful staff and very good food. Our Beagle had a gift bag waiting for her upon arrival also. Excellent hotel to bring your pet to. I HIGHLY recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thanks so much for your nice comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Frederick, MD! We are so happy that you enjoyed the quality and the comfort of your room. We are even more thrilled that you found our staff to be "wonderful!" We pride ourselves on providing not just a clean room, but a friendly staff that makes you feel as though you are a visitor in our home It is our pleasure to welcome pets - we know that they are part of the family! We hope that your Beagle liked her welcome gift!

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I also had the Living Social voucher for the hotel stay and brewery tour. The hotel was nice and clean. It was what I would expect from a Hampton. We were in a room facing the highway but did not have issues with noise like some other reviewers did. The people working at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. They helped us get information on cab service and recommended a local seafood place. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Had a living social deal for a room, drinks and Brewery tour. We had so much fun! Everyone from the hotel that we saw asked how we were enjoying our stay. I LOVE that the Hampton washes every bedspread because I watch way too many CSI episodes with the ultraviolet lights shining on hotel bedspreads.... Hampton guarantees quality or your money back.

• Stayed April 2012
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel is decent enough for the price. Can't say that it is in my top 25, but it is a Hampton, which means no surprises, and a clean quiet room. Kind of a pain to access from the freeway..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We got there early and they had a room ready for us. The staff at check in were friendly and warm, we were greeted with smiles and had thier full attention. The room was typical size for this level hotel. The room was perfectly clean, the beds and pillows comfortable. The best part was that there was little to no noise that came through the walls. Breakfast was typical of the now common "hot breakfast" with fresh coffee, oatmeal, two kinds of eggs, waffle maker and some "thaw and serve" style danish. Price was good too. Pool/spa/workout areas were all clean and typical, except the exercise area was a little nicer then most for this level hotel. Plenty of clean towels in room. If I had to make a complaint, it would be with the TV system which is becoming so common. I like the big flat screens here, but not the "hotel" style system of channels and movies. Every hotel seems to have this now.

Room Tip: Our room was in middle of 3rd floor - was very quite there.