“Accomodation”

Hampton Inn Frederick
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks while I was in town for business. The Staff is always thinking of ways to make your stay a pleasant one. The location is central and ideal. The staff was great each and every time I came through the hotel and always addressed me. Breakfast was great and internet speed was fast for working from my room. My room was very clean and updated and always cleans. I stayed in a room closest to the elevator and didn’t have my sleep affected at all. Even was a lot of activities during the weekend I believe was quite please to relax and take care of business. The hotel was going through renovation and did not affect the ability of the staff to make sure you have any inconvinece during the transition. The only thing that was missing is a bar or entertainment area to have few cocktail to relax your mind after a long day of hard work. I would stay here again the next time I'm in the Frederick, MD area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. I love the Frederick area when I go there on travel. This time I stayed the hotel was on the tail end of the construction and things were just a little disaray. The room key machine was broken and the staff had to walk you up to your room to open the door. By day two I got my room key. The next time I go here on travel I think I will give one of the new hotels in the Marriott family a try. Yes I would stay here again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding weekend. I travel the world for business and this hotel had one of friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel I have stayed in. Check it out if you are in the area! BTW go into downtown Frederick its a quaint town with great shops and restaurants!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I always try to stay at the Hampton Inn on Buckeystown Pike whenever I travel to Frederick, MD. The rates are reasonable, the rooms are nice, and the complimentary breakfast appeals to whatever your taste may be. I just wish they had an open cafe onsite.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Hampton was not up to par on quality and value. They had a very nice complimentary breakfast and good coffee. They are undergoing some renovations. We were careful where we stepped, but this did not interfere with our stay. We did have a problem with our AC. A man came up to check it and said it was fixed. It cooled awhile and then stopped mid way thru the night. It was too late to have someone come up at 2 AM. We had no hairdryer, but I had mine with me. We really should have complained about the a/c as we were uncomfortable.

I hate that we used points and were uncomfortable due to the a/c.

Room Tip: Be sure the a/c works!!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were a family of five and on our way to the Outer Banks. We stayed here overnight. We reserved two rooms and were able to get them right next to each other. The check in was quick and efficient. We also left early in the morning and there was no problem with checkout. No restaurant at the hotel but close by there is a shopping mall that has a TG fridays and Macaroni grill that is easy to get to. We have stayed at this hotel before and would recommend it to any one that needs a hotel for overnight. They redid the breakfast area and it is definitely a plus. There is more room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel was remodeling which may account for some of the confusion. I found the travel brochure stand in the 3rd floor laundry room. Let's start with what was good. Staff was pleasant and cheerful. Some were helpful. Room was nice. Bed was super comfortable. WiFi signal was strong and the data connection reasonably fast. The refrigerator was whisper quiet. Breakfast was great and the fresh cut fruit was an elegant touch. During breakfast the staff would stop to ask if there was anything they could get me. Now the not so good. I had to go to the lobby desk to get a valet laundry bag and ticket because there wasn't one in the room. I left my laundry at the front desk at 6:30 Monday morning and when I returned around 5 pm my dirty laundry was still sitting on the floor behind the front desk. They did take it to the laundry immediately and there were no problems with pick up and delivery after that. On the day before I left, my shirt came back with what looked like coffee stains on it. I was leaving early morning so there was no point in saying anything. Whatever it was it washed out of my shirt when I laundered it at home. I needed an Ethernet connection. One of the ladies at the lobby desk said there weren't any, the hotel had only WiFi. The next day I noticed the Ethernet connections in the newly remodeled business room were finally connected. My complaint isn't so much she had no idea what she was talking about, it's more with her authoritative posture and the certain voice with which she delivered the misinformation. The shower head cover didn't fit firmly against the wall. It fell half way down the shower head, exposing the hole the pipe goes into. The papers on the bed lap table on the bed had had tomato sauce-like food stains on it. I examined the lap table closer and both sides were dirty. If this wasn't paid for by an expense account I believe I'd be inclined to say I wasn't satisfied.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business