“A Nice Hampton Inn”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Toronto
“A Nice Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We stay almost exclusively at Hampton Inns and this one lived up to our expectations. The bed is comfortable; the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave and the windows open! Internet is free, of course. There are all kinds of restaurants nearby as well as a large shopping mall, although none are within walking distance. The hotel is handy to the freeway which is a good thing and a bad thing. We reluctantly closed the window when we couldn't stand the noise of trucks downshifting anymore. We do wish that the hotel would provide king-size blankets for the bed, rather than queens and that they don't wash/dry these blankets in perfumed detergent/fabric softener. Reception staff were most helpful. They have written directions from the hotel to most tourist attractions, which is a nice service.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
No Cal
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I have stayed in 5 Star hotels that didn't have this level of service.
Employees are looking for ways to provide service. Beds are great. Cute pond and nice bar. Close to freeway, good access, some freeway noise. Complementry breakfast has lots of good protein, unlike most which are mostly carbs. Rare gem in the world of hotels. I

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
maryland
Reviewed 2 March 2010

The staff was very accommodating, passionately catered to my very request. The complimentary breakfast was great! And the hot cookies served each evening, exactly what was needed after a long day. Thanks Guys! And special thanks for literarily taking the shirt off my back to remove chocolate chips stains from it. Talking about great service!! Thanks guys!! See you next time.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 1 March 2010

The service here is fantastic, They knew me by name and what I liked. They even dug all the cars and trucks out of the snow every time. We had over two feet of snow at one time.

Although it seems the rooms may be near time for renovation, everything was clean and working.

There is a nice lounge called Pasttimes. The computer room is free and has a printer.

The only thing that may be a negative if you are a light sleeper is the sound of the elevators and the lounge on the weekends.

I enjoyed my stay and expect to be back there again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 February 2010

I stayed for two weeks for a training trip, and from the time I arrived until I left I saw customer service go above the standard. It snowed alot during my stay and every morning the staff cleared snow off my car without being asked. Every evening fruit and other goodies were available for guest. I was very happy with my two week stay.

AL
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I would like to say this trip could have been one of the worst travel experiences but due to the great staff here in Frederick it has been a trip we will never forget. Due to the 2 snows andblizzard conditions we have been confined to the hotel for the most part of the last week. The staff ensured we had all we needed. The most impressive courtesy was to hve our cars cleared and dug out by James, Greg and Vincent. We have never stayed anywhere that has given that service. I commend all the staff for their excellent customer service from day one with April greeting us at the front desk and being so willing to call to see if a restuarant was opened when the cafe in the hotel was closed.
The one person who stood out was Vincent, not only did he cleared the snow from our car with a beaming smile and a greeting, but he managed the breakfast room. Each time he saw us he greeted us with that nice smile and wished us a good day. Very impressive.
Thanks for redeeming this trip and making this stay an enjoable one! K Stephens

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We stayed at the Hampton's Inn for one night before our flight at BWI. The hotel was booked solidly full that day. Fortunately, we booked online ahead of time, therefore, still got our room, but have to wait a while. The room is average, but comfortable and satisfied. We asked to have a wakeup call at 4 am, but the call came out at 3.30 am, not sure why. The thing I like is that this place provides free internet and free snack in the afternoon. The Cracker Barrel restaurant is nice and in a walking distance from the hotel, and is a plus. I will go back and stay there again, if opportunity comes up.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business