“Friendly staff, super clean, good value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here for four nights in March 2012 as part of a visit to the Washington, DC area. Our original plan had been to stay only one night and then continue to a downtown Washington hotel for the weekend. But we enjoyed the Farifield in Frederick so much that we stayed four nights and took the Metro into Washington instead.

The staff was very helpful and printed us directions to the Shady Grove Metro Station, the Tyson's Corners Mall in Virginia and various local restaurants.

The hotel was scrupulously clean throughout. Our beds were firm yet comfortable making for a good night's sleep. The room's window opened enough to get some fresh air.

We were close to malls and downtown Frederick which has many good restaurants along a gentrified main street.

Our only criticism of the hotel involves the Internet Wi-Fi which was tempermental during busy periods.

Overall our hotel stay was a comfortable, relaxing experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I wound up a 10-day road trip here and was quite pleased with my experience. Although I was traveling solo, I received a complimentary upgrade to a nice studio suite. As a Marriott Gold member, this should probably happen more often than it does (just twice in 5 years!), but it was a much-appreciated gesture.

Many nice touches: coffee available 24 hours daily in the lobby, new carpeting in my room, a very good selection of TV channels available (many Marriotts closer in to DC have bare-bones offerings), and several nice staff members who acknowledged me every time I went by and really seemed to care whether I was pleased with the room or had enjoyed my stay. Though just off of I-270 in an industrial park-type area, I wasn't aware of any traffic noise during the night.

This is near a shopping center with a number of dining options (IHOP, TGIFridays, Chipotle, etc.). I had a pizza delivered to the room instead, as it was getting late and I didn't want to have to find my way around in the dark. I thought the $143 price tag was a little much for a standard room (which I booked) at a Fairfield Inn, but was able to use a reward certificate for the stay. Maybe the cost is higher than other Fairfield Inns because of a high number of business travelers? I'll certainly plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were very pleased with our overnight stay here. The breakfast in the morning was an excellent start to the day

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to visit friends. The rooms are very clean, spacious and seem newly renovated. Comfy bed and pillows. Front desk staff is very friendly. Plenty of parking. Continental breakfast was good but could have used some cut up fruit (melon,etc.) for people who don't want to eat carbs.

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably good. We were on the 1st floor right around the corner from the breakfas...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and enjoyed most of the time there.
The beds are a bit on the firm side, but that's about the only complaint I have.

Breakfast each morning is provided free and includes everything from sandwiches to Belgian waffles. The internet is wireless and shared between this property and the one next door. During peak hours it is almost unusable for anything other than casual browsing.

Local restaurants and businesses make this a perfect spot to stay if visiting Frederick.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we checked in we were given a free upgrade to a suite, without even asking! Loved the vibrant colors in the lobby and room. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Breakfast buffet had plenty of options. We don't do the bar scene anymore, so it was nice there was a shopping plaza across the street and a large movie theatre for later at night. Around three miles to the historical district, an easy drive.

Room Tip: Suites have frig, microwave, and 2 flat-screen tv's.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elainethepetsitter
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Great stay. Very comfortable beds however housekeeping made a mistake and never cleaned our room. We would have like clean sheets and fresh towels!

• Stayed: January 2012