Courtyard Frederick
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Frederick(Frederick)
Sleep Inn(Frederick)
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitbistro barindoor pool and hot tubnumerous restaurantsroom was cleanmini frigexcellent propertyeasy access to downtownattending a weddingnice hotelstrip mallhotel staffchecking outwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepgreat place to staymarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed at this shabby Marriott for a week in October 2011. It was warm and the windows were open and I assumed I was getting a mosquito or spider bite. However, when I returned home and continued to get bites I put two and two together and sure enough it was bed bugs. I called the hotel and they "inspected" the room and adamantly denied there were any bed bugs. I have never had bed bugs before and it was the only place I had been in months and the bites started while I was there. It is now five months and three treatments later and I am still battling them. Beware!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cdm187
Matt C, General Manager at Courtyard Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

We spoke to this guest before and after numerous inspections of this room and before a complete rooms renovation where all furniture and bedding was replaced and no other complaints or evidence was found.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed with my boyfriend here in town from Virginia Beach. While the room was clean and roomy, the service was slighty shotty. Upon checkin he was told the room included complimentary breakfast, but when we asked at the front desk, they said it was extra. Then when we got our receipt it said "Stay for Breakfast" so he went and asked again and was told ' you can stay and buy breakfast!'

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank melmass79

Thank you for your feedback. We have recently undergone a systems change so that all breakfast included rates are much more easily identifiable. Many of our guests expect a great restaurant with lots of healthy options including Starbucks that our Bistro (also open for dinner and drinks) offers. I wish I knew who you were so I could make this up to you.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

This is pretty much your basic Courtyard, no frills, everything you come to expect from Marriott. Two complaints, they didn't change their clocks when daylight savings time ended and the wake up call came an hour early. Also the train tracks are not far away and you can hear them. If you are a light sleeper look to stay in another part of town or ask for room furthest away from railroad. Otherwise it's right off the main highway and just minutes to downtown Frederick.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank globetrottertoday

Thank you for your feedback. I completely agree that we are in a great location, right off the highway and not far from downtown. As far as a railroad, I'm not aware of one anywhere near here. Our clocks are being reviewed. They should change time automatically, but shame on us if we didn't catch one that didn't. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

A large number of hotels could learn a bit about how to make a guest-friendly lobby from this hotel. Clean, modern, lots of space to relax and all amenities close by. Rooms too, are good and well proportioned and bathrooms clean and tidy, although a bit more light would have been good.

While many reviewers seem to be waxing lyrical about the catering now on offer, I wasn't that impressed - evening food options were all prepared at the bar with very little care and a portion size about half that you'd expect. Breakfast was also equally convenience-driven for the hotel, not the guest. The bowl of fruit was laughable - a single grape, two cubes of melon, a cube of pineapple, and a banana that was so ripe you'd have been better off pushing a straw into it and drinking it rather than peeling it. Had breakfast is Starbucks on the other side of the road for the remainder of the stay. A shame really, as the rest of the hotel is fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Windswept_Traveller
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This was a great place, visiting family in the Frederick area. Nice, clean, looked very new and modern. Rooms were large, comfortable.
The only drawback - typical soft Marriott bed, needs to be much firmer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family