Courtyard Frederick
US$92
ComfortInn
US$131
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsfire pitbistro barindoor pool and hot tubnumerous restaurantsroom was cleanmini frigexcellent propertyeasy access to downtownattending a weddingnice hotelstrip mallhotel staffchecking outwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepgreat place to staymarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2012

A very nice hotel zith nice rooms, great service in terms of equipment and people.
The best hotel I went to during this current business trip on the east coast.
The swimming pool is also nice and fitness center looks really good.
Really an hotel I could recommand.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DomDoc2travel
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed here for three nights on a personal vacation using points. At every other property the staff greet you with "thanks for being Marriott Gold" and offer a few "extras" for being an elite member. At this hotel I had to ask for benefits, and we got two bottles of water and two chocolates. The rooms, although renovated in the past few years, were average for the Courtyard brand. The bed was not as firm as typical Marriott hotels, and the pillow top was very thick. I typically have no problem sleeping on Marriott beds, but this one caused me backaches. The waterfall in the lobby is nice, but otherwise it's your standard Courtyard without much unique character.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DonHarrisAIA62
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I decided on a Courtyard stay after reading many reviews of hotels in the area from TripAdvisor. I enjoyed my stay - the room was extremely clean, hospitality was first-rate, and I liked the amenities like the sauna and exercise room. Good restaurants, and shopping nearby if you need to pick up something. I would definitely stay here if I travel to this area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Busymom1346
Reviewed 9 August 2012

If you're on your way between here and there and have a chance to stay at the Courtyard (off I-270) in Frederick, Maryland--DO IT! I believe you'll be surprised at the hospitality this mid-level chain hotel offers. From the moment we entered the lobby to the last wave good-bye we were truly amazed at the professionalism, friendliness, and overall quality of the facilities AND the staff.

Karen (wish I knew her surname) met us at the front desk on check-in. We'd been trying to reach Volt restaurant in Frederick but kept getting a "number not available" message and their website was down. Karen said she'd find out what was happening (power outage from a storm) and would find us a place to enjoy a good meal. She did just that and we had a fantastic meal (at Voltaggio's newest restaurant: Family Meal) and a great evening! Karen should be a concierge at a JW Marriott or Ritz-Carlton. Her dedication, friendliness and ability to get things done exceeded our expectations and frankly was better than most concierge staff we've worked with over that last 5 years! The last time we had service like that was in fact at a Ritz-Carlton! In fact, all the staff we encountered were friendly and professional!

We are frequent Marriott guests and know that Courtyards are generally nice, functional, well-staffed, mid-level (3 star) hotels. Clean, comfy, and good for an overnight or two. The Courtyard in Frederick so far surpasses that view that it's hard to convey without sounding odd. The lobby: BEAUTIFUL. The public areas: BEAUTIFUL, especially the interior courtyard with Koi pond, fire pit and lovely seating! The staff: EXCEPTIONAL! Our room: BETTER THAN MANY A 4-star hotel we've visited! Put some Frette linens on that bed and it rivals those at Four Seasons or JW Marriott!

Thanks to everyone at this Courtyard who helped make the last night of our 33rd anniversary weekend simply stellar! We will look for an excuse to visit you again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior courtyard. It's a beautiful little oasis.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CarolJL1
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This Courtyard by Marriott exceeds my expectations in a Family/Business stay type hotel.
Outdoor Garden area with fire pit: Awesome
Indoor Pool: Great for kids
Exercise Room: Very nice, complete with free weights (dumb bells)
The rooms: Clean and well maintained
Breakfast: A little on the slow side, but it is cooked to order, not a buffet - but very good food.
Overall: Very Good stay

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family