“MainStay Frederick never let's us down in comfort and hospitality.”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 22 June 2009

This was our first stay in over a year after 5 or more visits with this hotel in the past. We were not disappointed. The suite was immaculate, the decor calming and restful and there was no distractions from our rest by noise above or around us. Lots of cable channels to choose from. The pool and pool area, as usual, was clean with towels and lounge chairs available. My 4 Grandchildren always love the pool and the jacuzzi. An outdoor area with tables, chairs and a large grill made for good reading and a little of the sun's warmth. The staff were professional and our room well maintained during our three night stay. Since our last visit, new tables and chairs had been added to the breakfast area and they now have a desk with internet access in the lobby and USA Today Newspapers for the guests. Thank you Frederick MainStay Suites! We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2009

I recently stayed here for a conference and picked this hotel because it had it's own kitchette and the price was reasonable. While the room was very clean, I was told that I would get a non-smoking room and I could smell smoke as soon as I opened the door
to the room. It was especially bad in the bathroom. Perhaps when the hotel staff lists a room as non-smoking they mean that nobody has smoked in it for the last hour.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2008

Room was very small. Expedia screwed up my reservation and someone got stuck sleeping on the sleeper sofa. They said it was comfortable. But they lied. A man was in the lobby drinking beer. We used the hot tub and swimming pool to relax but that was a mistake. The next morning when our suits were dry they stunk. It didn't smell like chlorine more like a dirty diaper (very gross). Also, it was noisey throughout the night. We only stayed there because it was pet friendly but I would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Do not STAY HERE .... there is a drug addict woman with 3 kids and gerbils that roams the hallways telling everyone she sees that the maintenance man stole all her prescription meds, including her morphine. He was arrested, fired, and she is a NUSANCE. The daytime staff apologized on her behalf, why they haven't evicted her yet, I have no clue. Many power plant people stay here (it's full) and EVERYONE complains about this drug addict. The evening and overnight staff are young, always on their cell phones and hanging out with other kids in the office. You don't get wake up calls, so don't even bother scheduling them. The 3rd shift guy is always sleeping at 5:45, ALWAYS a problem when we check out and use different credit cards to charge room too. Call the main number and it doesn't even RING. I am calling corporate to COMPLAIN TODAY, and see if our company will get a better rate at a better hotel. This is a DUMP. The resident drug addict is so annoying, you can't even get a cup of coffee without her hanging on you, asking questions thru her slurred speech while her eyes roll back in her head. One day she was at the entrance crying because she was in WITH DRAWALS. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS ???????????? God help this place. We are OUTTA HERE. Please, folks, don't stay here..... great location, but not worth it at all.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 11 December 2007

We stayed at the Mainstay because it was dog friendly and sounded nice. There was no fruit basket in lobby as stated on website, just 2 old apples in the lunch room. It also stated hot cookies between 4-6 PM. We finally saw the cookies around 7:30 PM after bugging the clerk. The 2 room suite is large and roomy (2 tvs) but it was not clean. Large regular sized fridge but it had sticky spots in it from previous user. The wall had crayon & dirt marks on it. Lunch room could have been cleaner too. Picked up tea bag & there was dirt in the container. There was a lot of grassy places for the dog & the motel itself is rather quaint. Lots of restaurants and stores nearby.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 November 2007

I arrived after dark, and the front desk clerk was very nice and checked me in quickly. All the staff that I met were very attentive with a smile ready for ya! At first glance, everything looked okay. My room was sort of like a suit. Kitchen and living room areas with a seperate bedroom. I soon noticed some of the small problems: stained furniture, broken tub stopper, and dirty coffee pot. My stay lasted two days, and both nights I had some unruly guests staying above me... annoying, but no fault of the hotel. I skipped breakfast my first morning, but I did get coffee. They had the basic spread and they also had some special creamers (which I loved - Pumpkin Pie flavored!), teas, and hot chocolate. I did decide to have breakfast the next morning. I got myself a danish and took it back to my room, where I discovered that my breakfast was covered in mold on the bottom! I let the front desk know. He was apologetic, and arrived at my door moments later with some fresh danish.

Not much parking, but I liked the location. The hotel is about 1/2 a mile from a junction with I-270, and there's a vast variety of restaurants and shopping centers within a mile of the hotel.

There's a small indoor pool which looked well cared for and a fitness center with about 3 machines.

If staying in the area again for multiple nights, I would book with a different hotel, but for a one night stopover I would book here - but I'd not partake of the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2007

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Exceptional suites (ours was a separate bedroom with full living room/kitchen). They've thought of everything here for the extended stay visitor including an outdoor BBQ for use by quests. Indoor pool area was very well kept and although the fitness area was small, it was clean, well air conditioned and provided you with a full work out.

The Wednesday evening Manager's Get Together was a nice way to meet some of the other guests and the food that was made available was very good and unexpected.

Morning buffet was plentiful and the breakfast area was always clean and tidy. Beverages, cookies and fruit were always available in the lobby area was an added enjoyment to this hotel.

Minutes away from shopping and restaurants and easy access into the downtown core of Frederick. We enjoyed our 4 days there so much the beginng of September that we cancelled a visited to Philadelphia and returned for 3 more days to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family