“THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My husband works 2 and 1/2 hours from home. I wanted to take my children (a 5 month old and a 6 year old) on a special getaway for the New Year holiday. We were checked into room 316. It was the most filthy place I have ever seen. The dust on the tv was so thick my 6 year old decided to write on it. The counter tops had hair, dirt, and FILTH all over them. The toilet and shower were not cleaned since the previous checked out guest. I called the front desk and requested a room change. The front desk clerk told me that she could move us to another room "right down the hall". We moved into our current room. It was not as FILTHY as our previous room but it wasn't the best. While getting ready for bed tonight the hotel phone rang. He said that he was the front desk clerk on duty. He proceeded to tell me that I had to pay an extra $20 per night for our room because our room has two beds. I told him that we would move to another room in the morning if he guaranteed that it would be clean. He said that he couldn't promise that. NICE!!! After admitting that it was the front desk clerks fault for not telling me that I had to pay an extra $20 a night he proceeded to yell and me and ACTUALLY HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked his name and he told me that he wouldn't give it to me and told me that he "dared me to come down to see him in person to get it". I told him that I had a baby and a six year old with me and he told me that he didn't care about my kids. I am still in the room and truly do NOT FEEL SAFE HERE!!! I have never been talked to the way he talked to me. My six year old is so scared and afraid that he will come up to our room and hurt us!!! NICE!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! IT IS DIRTY AND THE GUEST SERVICE IS THE WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sherryandjoe
There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites

Reviewed 13 December 2010

While on the outside this hotel looks adequate, I overheard employees making comments that I found disturbing concerning the cleanliness. For starters, bed bugs keep showing up in a few rooms. The rooms get treated, but you know that you can never fully get rid of bed bugs. Second, in one of the rooms, apparently a guest had gotten ketchup and other spills on the ceiling. Rather than clean the mess, the hotel chose to just paint over it! Finally, I heard the staff will let stopped up toilets sit all weekend for someone to clean up Monday, though I have no clue why the maids don't take care of it. I suppose they pass it off to maintenance as there is no maintenance staff over the weekends, so you're stuck if something breaks in your room, or someone else who only works during the week. Who knows what other short cuts this hotel takes. I will never stay here again. You shouldn't either!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Our experience wasn't nearly as bad as the other reviewers, but this place was a serious disappointment. The lobby and hallways were nice enough, but it went downhill quickly upon entering the rooms. The furnishings are cheap, dirty, and VERY poorly-maintained--almost everything in the room was ugly, discolored, dinged, or outright broken, and everything was highlighted by harsh white fluorescent light. The heater was very noisy and awakened me from my sleep! The continental breakfast featured the smallest selection I've seen in years.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Storm27
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Please do not stay at this hotel. It was given 3 stars by AAA and on Travelocity. The carpet in the hall was disgusting, dogs barking, dirty walls in room. The screen on the window was frayed and half ripped off. There was a huge cart of bags of garbage on the second floor next to the elevator. The entire hotel had a funky smell.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pair-of-bears
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This hotel is nasty. It smells terrible and is dirty, outdated, and in disrepair. There really is nothing more to say.

1  Thank ECompton
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Like others have said, the room had a funky smell. The rug was very worn. The linoleum in the bathroom was old and looked lumpy. The beds had very outdated worn comforters on them. The pull out couch was totally broken up. The screens in the windows were ripped and the windows were unlocked in the first floor room. Me and my kids wouldn't even get in the beds. On the good side, I went to the front desk and asked if I could be moved over to the Comfort Inn next door and they were very happy to honor my request. The Comfort Inn was much better. They are owned by the same company and they did have a sign in the room for 100% satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Funky smell in room. Popcorn on the floor from who knows when. Thick mold covering the air conditioning vents. We asked to see another room. Manager could not open the door to the other room they were going to show us. We waited 10 minutes to see the room. After standing in the filthy lobby waiting for her to fix the key problem and looking at the black, dust-filled vents in the ceiling, we told them we were not staying. We have never been in such a dirty hotel. There was no way we were going to spend a night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family