“Great place for family get together”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our grandchildren are in Frederick Md and we wanted an inexpensive hotel near them.Sleep Inn was great choice . Great value for money. Lots of dining choices nearby , many within walking distance.
Clean rooms,staff was very helpful.
Very quiet even though in a very large mall area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat Z
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Way to many times we stay at an economical hotel and leave understanding why it was so cheap. The Sleep Inn ,although an inexpensive price actually exceeded our expectations. The staff from the front desk to all the employees we encountered were friendly and just plain top notch . To say that we will use this Sleep Inn again is an understatement. When in the Frederick area again I guarantee that we will be back. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren B
Reviewed 30 July 2014

First and last time staying here. Never had any problems with Sleep Inns, booked this one as it was close to Harry Grove Stadium, where we had tickets to a baseball game. Arrived, checked in, son used the bathroom and toilet immediately clogged. Notified front desk as we headed out for a quick dinner before our game. Returned to get ready for game...washed hands, picked up hand towel that we had placed beside our sink, wiped hands...then noticed it was stained? No, not stained, but had been used by maintenance (I assume) after unclogging toilet to either wipe up mess or clean his hands. Towel had brown "something" all over it...remnants of our clogging issue! Upon examining bathroom, found brown hand smudge on top of toilet tank and brown water droplets on bathroom floor around toilet. EEEK! Took towel to front desk, showed attendant, informed her of our mess and was given new towels and the offer of using their off-brand Lysol. Really? No offer to send housekeeping, no offer of new room...just an "eww" from their staff. We were on a tight schedule, no time to search for a new hotel before our ballgame. I told the girl that I did not feel we should be charged for this room, considering this awful occurrence. She said she had no authority to remove room charges, but would pass on our issue to the mgr on Monday morning. This was Friday late afternoon. I told her that wasn't acceptable to me, she said she would let the night desk person know, but that I should NOT make this request to the morning clerk because she was "new and didn't know anything"? I cleaned up room with antibacterial wipes that I had with me, and took a good look around the room. Curtains were stained, in need of washing; bed skirts had spots on them...nothing I would have noticed if we hadn't had this towel issue...but the room as a whole wasn't kept up other than surface cleanings. Morning breakfast was a mad house...too few attendants and not enough room for the amount of guests. The front desk girl (who was very polite) had to leave the desk to assist the one girl in restocking hot foods, and help wipe counters. They were out of milk, the counters were covered in spilled juice, floors were sticky, only one piece of sausage when we went down and it never did get refilled. And..we were charged full price for our stay, already charged to our credit card. I notified both the hotel mgr when we returned home from our trip (this stay was at the start of our trip), she offered me either a refund or a credit of 8000 pts...not even enough for a future stay. I told her, considering that we had fecal matter left on our towel, on our counter...NO, not satisfied with either option...how about both? Nope. Called Choice Hotels, filed a complaint, was told it would be passed on to hotel and they'd have 72 hours to respond to me. Within 48hrs I did get an email that my card would be credited the amount of our stay. Period. It was credited, but I never heard another word from either hotel or Choice Privileges as to whether I was satisfied. No follow up at all. I don't feel that was sufficient considering the situation! I would NOT stay here, obviously customer satisfaction is not high on their priority list. My advice...go west on the highway a couple exits and use the Sleep Inn in Hagerstown. It is a first class operation and a wonderful hotel. The extra travel will be well worth your time and money. Cross the Frederick Sleep Inn off your list!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank scgeo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here one night - we needed a hotel while we were traveling and when I called the person I spoke with was very friendly and helpful - the hotel is near a local mall and various eating places. Even though close to a highway, it was quiet. In addition, a big plus was that it was a very good value - there is another hotel right up the road from it but it cost approximately $40 more than the Sleep Inn (and the Sleep Inn was just as nice - we had stayed at the other hotel before but weren't too happy with it) - was it fancy? No. Was it clean and quiet? Yes. Would stay at Sleep Inn again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank toryjetta
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The manager, Linda, welcomed us, She made us feel like old friends. She suggested places to see in the area. Made sure we had everything we needed. She spoke with us the 2nd day of our stay and asked about the battlefiekd. I could not believe she remembered where we were going with the amount of people there.
The staff there was extremely helpful and courteous.
Will definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms--very little noise if any. comfortable beds. unique bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased the front desk, check in and check out was quick and easy. The room was spacious and clean. The A/C was nice and cold, if you like it cold. The price was a great value.
There are numerous restaurants from fast food to casual dining to chose from and very close by.
Easy access to I-70 and I-270.
I will be a returning guest when I am in the area.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rich W
Reviewed 21 June 2014

we stayed here for one night while on business in the area. our room was clean but a bit older. the lobby was recently renovated, so perhaps the rooms will be next. breakfast was ok, the eggs were not so good and the breakfast attendant doled out sausage patties very cautiously, like 5 at a time. all was good, front desk staff were nice, price was good, location was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business