“The reviews aren't wrong! Great Day!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Out of Africa Wildlife Park Admission
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Camp Verde
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the heart of the Verde Valley, the mission of Out of Africa Wildlife Park is to create the ultimate animal adventure for all ages, one steeped in fun, immersed in learning, and inspired by a living and colorful world of astonishing wildlife. We strive to foster an appreciation of our planet's wild areas and wondrous inhabitants by supporting and promoting conservation awareness and action, practicing exemplary animal care, providing education and learning experiences, and establishing broad community support, through a peaceful and interactive relationship with our animal friends, who touch our hearts.
Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The reviews aren't wrong! Great Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I can not say much that hasn't been said before-but I can reinforce it!

We had an adult party of family-ages 30-70 and we all loved the experience. The owners and employees truly care about the animals and love their "zoo".

Te entire day is really well organized. I highly recommend the "$20" tour where you drive around the entire park feeding the animals. As others have said-hearing the Hyenas cackle! You get to feed a giraffe and a camel and meet many other amazing animals.

Don't miss the tiger show! The tiger feed is a little overrated-but it's only $5-so what the heak.

You can miss the reptile center-nothing too exciting-about a 5 minute walk through.

This isn't a zoo-you will be amazing how close you get to the animals and how big their habitats are. It's a don't miss if you are in the area or live in The Valley and want a day trip!

1 Thank Johan_Whistler

Surprise, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doing what I love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

On October 30,2013 it was my ninth visit and like all the other times I had a great time.I am planning on go back in December.All the animals are healthy and well cared for they make
sure of that.I have taken thousands of pictures and up close ones,I could not do that at the zoo only other way is if I went to Africa.The founders have made this area as close as they could if the animals were in Africa,that makes for happy,healthy animals.They all have big sections with plenty of room to run or play.Tiger splash is fun to watch.At lunch time I get a great hamburger,chips
and soda and watch tigers walk by or if it's time for tiger splash I watch that while I have my lunch.
I get to out of Africa when they open and leave when they close.You will get some great pictures
it will be something you won't forget.I highly recommend it you can walk at you own pace or ride to each section,I like to walk all day this way I see more.Go and enjoy the day in the great outdoors
and hear the lions roar it is just wonderful.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Susan K
Stow, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I got the best pics of my vacation here. We went on a cool breezy cloudy day and couldn't of had a nicer time. What a place this is. Better than any zoo we've gone to. So clean and quiet and well run. For all ages. Talk to folks that work here, they were all happy and so friendly to the animals. I need to go back to this place.

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The park is wonderful! Jason is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Up close to see all the animals. Zip line was a blast. All staff were absolutely wonderful and informational.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nickelrn
“A MUST SEE AND DO!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Please don't forget to bring cash to tip all of the AMAZING staff!! That is my only regret. We were there from 11am-3:30ish and felt like we saw everything we wanted to see. There is a zip line that goes over the animals- we didn't do- we were told that it was done by a different company. This is a privately owned park- it does not have a zoo feel to it- I think that's why we liked it so much. We want to thank LAUREN- she was AWESOME!! She was our safari tour guide- you can tell that she has passion for what she does. She was very informative and knowledgeable about all of the animals. Was an unforgettable experience. I recommend catching all of the shows. First show starts at 11:30. Tiger splash is not to be missed!! Especially for kids. The animals were very well cared for- and you can tell!! Prepare to interact with the snakes! They have a great reptile show! The safari was probably our favorite thing that we experienced. You can see the animals up close- it is a GUARANTEE you will see them. If you are limited in being able to walk- they have trams that take you around the park- so you don't have to walk all of it you can still see everything from the trams. It is kinda spread out. It is really dusty! So wear comfortable shoes and clothes and bring a water bottle with you. They do have a small food court average price per item is about $7-$8. So it's pretty typical cost wise. Keep up the great work guys! Keep your staff knowledgeable and passionate about what they do and you will succeed!! I will defiantly be back and say great things about you to everyone!