Copper Canyon Inn(Camp Verde)
US$88
US$79
Comfort Inn(Camp Verde)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$102
US$80
Priceline
US$101
  • Pool
Fort Verde Suites(Camp Verde)(Great Value!)
US$81
Beaver Creek Inn(Rimrock)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$66
Verde Valley Inn(Cottonwood)
US$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Best Western Cottonwood Inn(Cottonwood)(Great Value!)
US$108
Pines Motel(Cottonwood)
US$106
US$103
All reviewsbowling alleykids questjohnny rocketsgood newsper hourprime ribverde valleybeds were comfortablestorytellersteakhouserepair
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We made reservations online for the suite well in advance of our trip, because I like to leave nothing to chance. I choose the Suite because it offered a jacuzzi and I wanted us to have a nice relaxed evening after being out in nature all day.
Well, that was a great dissapointment. We arrived just before 6pm and the receptionist Stephanie was clearly overwhelmed and I must say, not the super friendliest. I had booked the suite because of the Jacuzzi, but also made special request's because my husband is dissabled. They were going to put us upstairs which would not have been a problem, but for the fact that they do not have an elevator, only stairs. When I pointed out the difficulties, they did find a suite on the bottom floor, but were not sure if it was clean or not. My thought is, if you allow check in at 4pm, should a room not be ready by 6pm? Especially when their check out is at 11 pm?
Anyways, it took almost 10 minutes to find out by the 2nd receptionist if that room was cleaned. While standing there and waiting and waiting, watching the befuddled Stephanie trying to finish our paperwork, I said, just cancel this reservation and don't worry about it. We will just find another hotel to stay at. But by then, the other lady came back and insisted that the room was ready and to just give us the keys.
I would like to add that I have dealt with other Native Americans before, but never felt so rudely treated as I did with those two. Customers service is obviously not high on the list at this "Hotel."
We get to the room, it was semi clean. The Jacuzzi turned out to be just a bathtub, which when my husband tried to use, the bath mat, would not stay in, and the water flew over the rim. Not a romantic, comfortable end to the day.
We were told by Stephanie we could call a shuttle to take us up the hill to the Casino. But after waiting for well over 15 min. we just decided to take our car because we were just to hungry to wait.
We choose the Buffet, because we thought, you can never go wrong with that, and to a certain degree it was good, but oh my.
At the Salad Bar, I was delighted to see that they had Spring Mix for Salad, except it was clearly browned and partially had dirt on it. When I spotted a worker behind the scenes I asked if they had more of that Lettuce to which she replied yes and told us to hold on. While waiting we observed here bringing out fresh soup in a clean heat well, but instead of inserting the clean heatwell she just poured the fresh soup on top of the old in the dirty and crusty heat well there. (We had looked into it before heading to the salad area to see what the soup was, so that's how I know the condition).
Anyways, she then came and brought out new lettuce, she took out the old and inserted the new one and instead of replacing the tongs with clean ones she just tossed the old ones right on top of the lettuce. Tongs that have been handled all night already by other customers. She did not place it next to it where it would have been semi clean, but no, right on top. Needless to say, I passed on this salad.
The Steak Loin was great, the Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Corn were really good and that made up somewhat. The waiters attention span was semi okay, after I asked for a refill, he checked a bit more often.
The Casino itself, is very tight on the machines, also, I must admit I did win some money back after a while. The advertise Pai Gow Poker, one of our favorites, but they don't have that any more. Not alot of Poker tables there. It is also very cold in the casino, so you may want to bring a Jacket. I know it is a 100 degrees outside, but it was freezing inside.
When we finally made our way back to the room, ready to go to sleep, we wished we would have checked the beds and pillows beforehand. The bed was hard as a rock and the so were the pillows. We tossed and turned until 3:30 in the morning, when we decided we had had enough.
We decided to just cancel our day plans in Sedona and proceed back home, we live about a 2 hours drive away. Luckily my husband sleeps well in the car, for me it was tough because I had been up almost 24 hours at that time, but we couldn't take it anymore.
When we checked out, and told the new receptionist there about the condition, she just shrugged her shoulders and gave me "sorry", that sounded very insincere. She barely even looked at me and made me feel like this was my fault.
We chose the Cliff Castle because of a friends recommendation. I am going to have to talk to my friend a bit now. Lol.
Overall, the worst stay ever, if you like rude service, hard beds and even more hard pillows then this is your place.
As for us. Never again. And oh yeah, this is by no means a Hotel, a Motel 6 would fare better than this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Cornelia O
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff and management take great pride in delivering the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's. The majority of comments about our hotel are very positive and your experience was certainly the exception and not the rule. We look forward to exceeding all of your expectations on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I just recently returned from a business trip in Sedona. I had the opportunity to stay at the Cliff Castle Casino Hotel for 5 nights. My room was clean, bed was very comfortable, my room had a large flat screen television, and Free WIFI so I could complete my work projects in the comforts of my room. Loved the private balcony perfect for morning coffee!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Harlan007_13
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Harlan,
Thank you for sending us your feedback regarding your 5 night stay with us. The hotel is continuously looking for ways to improve the overall experience for each of our guest's and the addition of Flat Screen TV's & Free WIFI have been very well received. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Camp Verde/Sedona area.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

As a local resident of Sedona, I have lots of friends who ask me where to stay when they want to visit Sedona and the Verde Valley. The Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is extremely convenient right off of I-17 and is the perfect lodging location to visit, Sedona, the wineries, hiking and more.

The Casino has great dining options from the Buffet, Johnny Rocket's, Story Tellers and the Gathering. You can sight see all day and go back to the hotel at night for some nice dining and entertainment without the driving worry.

This is not a fancy hotel, but the rooms are clean, the location convenient and you have entertainment on site.

There isn't much nightlife in Sedona, so if you are planning a get away to Sedona and the Verde Valley and want an affordable and convenient place to stay, book your room at the Cliff Castle Casino Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer P

Jennifer,
We appreciate the comments regarding your recent stay with us. The hotel staff and management strive to deliver a great overall experience for each of our guest's and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel. The Hotel and Casino are a great compliment to Sedona where traveler's can experience the amazing landscape of Sedona during the day and a fun Casino Hotel experience at night. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

By reading all the reviews here I guess I got the only room that was clean ,had a view ,patio and walkway right to the pool ,the food at the restaurant (The Gathering was excellent) no problem with the staff,maybe because I didn't need them ,who knows,but we had a very nice stay the 1 night May 11,2013.,now the casino did steal all my money though,lol.

Good Luck

Room Tip: Maybe stay near the pool ,we stayed in 107 was nice, needed painting ,but so what !!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff and management strive to deliver the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us and we are confident that you will have better luck on your next visit to the casino.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to the Grand Canyon. It's definitely a motel, and you park in front of your room, which is actually kind of nice. The bed was firm but comfortable, but you might want to bring your own pillows, as theirs are hard. The room was quiet, but you can leave the fan on all the time, to drown out any noise, if you wish to. The internet was slow. The curtains kept the room dark in the morning. The coffee pot was not cleaned and the previous coffee was still in the basket. Shower had low pressure. They have a shuttle to take you up to the casino, and it'll pick you up and drop you off at your room. Had to wait about 15 minutes though, at the casino to return to my room. All in all, it wasn't a bad place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family