“Wow -”

Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Horn is located in downtown Camp Verde on Main Street. It features fine wines, craft brews and great food for everyone's palate. The atmosphere includes a handcrafted bar with turquoise inlay, Native American art and antique decorations for sale, and a dining room filled with different seating options. Unique features include a state shaped penny mural on the floor, Verde Brewing Beer brewed next door and on tap, wine on tap and a piano signed by Bruce Hornsby. The Horn is a family run local restaurant.The Horn is also known as "The Horn Saloon," or misspelled as "Horne Saloon." Now Serving brunch on Sundays! Located across the street from Camp Verde's White Hills Winery & Gallery.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were sooo pleased we stopped at Horn's and had dinner following our visit to Camp Verde State Park in March. (yes, my review is a bit late, but . . health issues prevented a timely review)

There really isn't much to the small rural town of Camp Verde, and many places were closed on the day we were there. Horn's was truly an unexpected find with exceptional food.

The staff was exceptionally nice from the very beginning! We were actually there just a tad before the dinner hour began, but . . . they welcomed us warmly. Needless to say, we had a choice of seating! And . . Stephanie, our server, continued to most gracious and attentive. Horns not only has meal options, but . . specialize in fine wines and beers - we don't drink alcoholic beverages, and . . the wonderful service continued!!!! No matter what we asked,the response was "Absolutely!"

They had buffalo on the menu, and even though we are vegetarians - and I've always wanted to try that - so . . did. It was wonderful - and not gamey tasting, nor tough. My husband had the vegetarian lasagna and it was exceptional! The servings were large and we had leftovers to take with us.

I enjoyed seeing the Native American rugs/wall hangings on display and for purchase.

1  Thank LoveGetAways70

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This restaurant is another example of the changing face of the restaurant industry in the US. Locally owned with a real chef makes the Horn a destination restaurant. Excellent selections offered for both lunch and dinner with craft beers. We stopped by for lunch and were more than pleased with the freshness and quality of our meals. I had the Horn Burger and my wife had a chicken wrap. The burger was excellent and the fries that came with it were some of the best I ever had. My wife finished her wrap before I finished my burger and she usually takes half of her sandwich home. That is how good the wrap was. On top of that we had a pecan pie desert that was fantastic. The orders were presented very well and the service was excellent. Your missing out if you don't try this restaurant.

1  Thank johnDArizona
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice restaurant in Camp Verde, Large open and airy and clean! Had a great menu with a wide selection so I went for the mussels - cooked right and over two dozen along with great bruschetta and very local beers. We sprung for the creme brulee and the owner came over and ask for our recommendations - None needed! He made it himself-Nice touch and its not the vanilla pudding like most places. The server came around many times and was truly a professional. Go to this restaurant just 2 miles off highway 17 for a reprieve from the junk food alley and overused facilities. Also nicely appointed with locally made art and antiques.

1  Thank RookM
Reviewed 1 June 2014

On a pleasant Saturday afternoon after school, me and my friends were in Camp Verde and decided to try some food from The Horn. Being that we are younger and may not look or seem like we would have a lot of money to spend, they neglected to acknowledge our presence for the first five minutes of us being there until we had to physically walk up to an employee and ask to be seated. After a disapproving look, we were sat on the patio in the blazing heat for fifteen minutes before being forgotten and having to once again REQUEST drinks and menus. The service improved once they acknowledged us as serious customers and proceeded to bring us our drinks and take our orders. After a while we did get our food in anything BUT a timely manner, but what puts this dining experience over the top is that an older male came out to apologize for the lack of service only to stare down my shirt. He only stopped when I told him to look elsewhere and proceeded to pull up my shirt. The food was mediocre at best and the atmosphere was a joke...a slap in the face to fine dining. I don't plan on ever going back.

4  Thank Rockmysox
Stephanie P, Public Relations Manager at The Horn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Rockmysox,

You must be severely mistaken. Due to the heat that day, we did not sit anyone outside. We carefully reviewed all of our sales reports for the day, and there is no evidence that you were here. The events you describe are most unfortunate. You had a bad experience somewhere, but it wasn’t here. I would urge you to be more careful about what you write especially when it involves personally hurtful and malicious statements. We are confident that when Tripadvisor reviews your statements they will do the responsible thing and remove them.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We walked into The Horn at about 1 PM on a Sunday. The place was more than half empty with no patrons at the bar. A server said there was a 5 minute wait! I said we were just going to have a drink at the bar. No response. We sat at the bar and were ignored for about 10 minutes. A young, friendly waiter took our drink order and served us. For the next 30 minutes we were totally ignored at the bar. Servers came and went behind the bar in front of us. We were never offered an appetizer menu and NO eye contact, even from the owner or manager. Not a smile... Nothing! So we paid our bill and left. We will tell our many traveling friends to not patronize this establishment.

3  Thank joangel40
Stephanie P, Public Relations Manager at The Horn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi, from all of us at The Horn, we apologize for your experience at our restaurant. Although it may had appeared we were not busy, our servers were full with the current tables they had. We felt that if we sat any more tables, they would not provide decent service to you or any customer. That is why we had a five minute wait to be sat.
Be that as it may, there is no reason for you to have been overlooked when you sat at the bar. We feel awful, and have discussed with our staff to make sure nothing like this happens again. We apologize again for your experience. We appreciate that you brought it to our attention so that we can correct our errors.