“I agree -- 2nd stay better than 1st”
Review of Fort Verde Suites

Fort Verde Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Camp Verde
Mesa, Arizona
“I agree -- 2nd stay better than 1st”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is our second stay at TTI; first was Sept 2011. All changes we noticed were FOR THE BETTER! Added picnic/BBQ area, new towels (old ones were kinda thin), previously excellent service from Wendy is now even better -- what more can I say. This time I used the online reservation system (last time I phoned) and it went smoothly -- they even took care of a special request I put in the notes. Everything I said in the Sept 2011 review still stands -- just add a few plusses. The only drawback (still) is that a bit pricey for rural Arizona, but not too bad -- and you are getting a great place to stay for your money.

Room Tip: All rooms are apparently pretty much the same,except for the1 king bed or 2 double beds. If steps ar...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank david-oberpriller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Chandler
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is our second trip to the Territorial Town Inn. We always stay in the Outlaw with the king bed. The room was very clean as usual and we had a great time yet again. Wendy is really friendly and knows the whole area. There is a new restaurant/saloon called the Horn nearby which we were able to walk to. Looking forward to doing the wine tour someday and we'll be back again in the summer!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy P
Pepper Pike, Ohio
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We needed a place to stay by the Out of Africa Safari, so we found that "hotel" on the internet. Price was right: by getting the package of 2 nights stay and 4 tickets to the Safari we basically got the same price as park entrance by itself. That was very NICE and deciding factor.
Motel looks like a barn from the outside ( i think there are just 10-15 rooms in there). I would have NEVER EVER EVER stop there if i would be just passing it by. But since we actually HAD TO stay there (since we payed on-line without looking), we entered the room. Surprizingly, the room was big with 2 full size beds and fairly clean. There were no bad smell or anything, but there was a spider in the middle of the bath tub. As we came around the midnight, our kids were sound asleep in the car, so we just moved them into beds. It seemed that we all survived without any bed bugs.
My overall impression- that was the cheapest but fairly clean motel.
Would i stay there again? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!
Should you stay there? Yes- if you are on the tight budget. It was quiet place close to our attraction.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Natalie44124
Manager-TTI, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
I am admittedly confused by this review because it mostly sounds like they are complimenting us, but not really. I am glad the guest agreed that we represent a terrific value (and we do), but we are not what would be considered a “cheap” place. I also am pleased they spoke of our big rooms, comfy beds and cleanliness. I did want to address all the concerns that were raised: (1) “motellooks like a barn” – that is not true… our exterior resembles a Sedona-themed Motel and the interior is all Wild West decor. There is an unaffiliated barn not far across the street used for a meeting hall though. (2) “spider in bathtub” – If there was a spider in the tub we are of course sorry. We have routine spraying done and pride ourselves on a superbly clean place. Every once in awhile something can sneak by us, but it is very rare. (3) The reviewer seems surprised by the cleanliness, comfortableness, lack of bed bugs, etc. To us this should not be a surprise, but what all our great guests normally expect. To be clear there are no bed bugs in this area and it is a bummer that those words are needlessly in this review. Our place represents the cleanest lodging by far and I hope anyone will read down to our other reviews to make a more informed decision. We provide great, beautiful accommodations and work very hard at the front desk to be welcoming and help our wonderful guests with area information. Thanks for reading our reply.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This hotel was not bad. But I wouldn't want to stay there again. They have NO curtains, only blinds. Which wouldn't be that bad, except they have lights shining in your room all night. THere was also no phone, no clock, and the rules seem sort of snobby. But when you got there, the staff was mostly nice. The view is nice. It was like a old country style neiborhood, which I loved. It was very clean. But like I said, you couldn't tell if it was nighttime or daytime because no clock or curtains, so it looked like the sun was shining in all the time.

Room Tip: We got the two rooms with the kitchen in between. I don't know if it's just those rooms with...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Manager-TTI, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
First, I would like to thank this guest for the kind words about the nice view and very clean rooms. However, this guest is completely incorrect about the light and clocks. We have beautiful very high-end thick blinds and all rooms also have an alarm clock. The rules are not meant to be snobby, but are intended to be helpful and for safety. The guest is correct in that our rooms are decorated in old west style and there are great views of the verde valley. We are also within walking distance to many downtown shops and attractions. Thank you for taking the time to read our response.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was greated by Wendy at reception who was friendly and helpfull in providing information on Camp Verde. As an Australian visiting for the first time into this area of the USA I was made to feel quiet welcome to this geologically central Arizona town. Rooms were very clean and tastefully furnished in traditionally western style. Meals can be ordered in but the Horn Saloon, restaurants and shops are within 5-10 minute walk. Montezuma Castle National Monument and Montezuma Well are "must see" attractions and are within a very short drive from the Motel. I would certainly stay there again and would recomend this haven to all travelers to Arizona.

Room Tip: All rooms are located for easy access
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Minnedosa,MB
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Territorial Inn and found it to be quiet, clean and comfortable well worth the stay. an excellent experience and friendly and informative staff. Beautiful view and really clean. Excellent advice on where to eat and what to see. would defintely recommend it to anyone. Lois C,

Room Tip: all rooms looked great to me. Great view and table and chairs to sit outside on the deck at each ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My family stayed at the Territorial Inn in February 2012. We were going to stay in Sedona, but decided to give this place a chance since it looked so nice and was less expensive. We had a terrific time. The place has the look and feel of the wild west and the rooms are very clean with very comfortable beds. We used this as our home base for 3 days. Sedona was only about 20 minutes away so we visited there 2 days, and on our 3rd day we did the Out of Africa park 2 minutes away, which they had discount tickets for. Also, on the last night we played some horseshoes with another couple staying here in the motels outside picnic area. Still restless the casino sent over a shuttle to pick me up, so I played some slots for a bit and then the shuttle took me back. This is a marvelous little non-chain motel that I would highly recommend to anyone. My wife, kids and I had a great trip in a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: We had the room with 2 queens and it was very comfortable. We also added the kitchen for $25 becaus...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Beaver Creek  Inn
Beaver Creek Inn
#1 of 1 in Rimrock
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Fort Verde Suites? Share your experiences!