Fort Verde Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Copper Canyon Inn(Camp Verde)
Comfort Inn(Camp Verde)
  • Breakfast included
Verde Valley Inn(Cottonwood)
Pines Motel(Cottonwood)
View Motel(Cottonwood)
  • Pool
All reviewsmain streetrocking chairswestern decorwithin walking distancecontinental breakfastfront porchplace to stayfort verdeseparate roomsatellite tvfamily suitewine glassesfull size fridgeroom was cleanchain hotelssmall towndining table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at the Territorial Inn September 6-9, 2013, in Room 101, right next to the office.

My wife and I did not expect a 5 star location and we looked forward to staying at this location. There was great follow-up with the hotel staff after we booked the room and they were very accommodating, as we were traveling with our dog. This place was pet friendly. The manager, Wendy was awesome; she even let us use the long leash line so our dog could sit outside with us.

We do a lot of backpacking and camping so we were not taken back by the less than spotless condition of our room, but I do agree with the other reviewers that the carpet was filth. The bed sheets were a faded avocado color that left us to wonder if there were stains that we could not easily see.

The other people talked about the carpet being dirty and they are correct. It was filthy with cigarette burns and needs to be cleaned. The owner states there is a flat screen television in the rooms, well I am here to say there was not one in my room.

This place is in a great downtown location and has the potential to be very nice and comfortable, but in its current state it is difficult to relax when the interior is dirty.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has its own thermostat, otherwise you will be at the mercy of someone else for your room temperature
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Lodge M, Owner at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

We take feedback seriously and I'd like to take a moment to respond to this review. I am glad the guest was delighted with the location and also the manager's wonderful service. The location is indeed wonderful and Wendy works very hard on behalf of our great guests. The carpet had just been professionally cleaned, but unfortunately it did make things worse. Their machine left soap stains, brought out other stains, etc. All of our rooms are non-smoking so if there was any burns in the carpet it must've either been something else or it was from someone doing something they weren't supposed to. In any case we have since had the carpet people out 2 more times, and finally at long last they figured it out once they sent their best guy over. The sheets we have are a faded avocado color or a light brown, which fits the southwestern motif and decor we have. The nice Sony flat screen TVs were installed on Thursday Sept 12th, so all guests will be treated to a nice screen. We work very hard to provide comfortable, cozy and very clean rooms. We are not perfect, but normally we are known for our exceptionally clean rooms. We aim to always keep improving and we wish everyone happy and safe travels. Thanks for reading our response and take care.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My partner and I were turned away at Sedona as they were full, it was suggested that we try Camp Verde, we were so glad we were given this advice. The Territorial Inn was comfortable, clean and welcoming, the place with it's western feel about it was like something out of a Western movie, and coming from Australia was fascinating. We were made very welcome by Wendy and would recommend this Inn to anyone. Thank you for a very enjoyable stay, it was only one night but we really enjoyed your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I are older and we try to spend our money at smaller boutique hotels. The Territorial Inn did not disappoint. Our room was very well decorated (think Wyatt Earp), and you can tell a lot of attention was given to every aspect of the room. The bed and chairs were very comfortable. I'm not sure we'll ever be back to Campo Verde, but if we ever do, we
d be happy to stay here again. A lovely place indeed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Outlaw room with a King bed. Most enjoyable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I recently stayed at the territorial town inn. Wendy the manager was an awesome person, she was polite and helpful and full of information she made my stay very comfortable and enjoyable. the rooms are all done in a western decor. I have never stayed any work what like this.I will definitely recommend this to my family and friends and anybody in passing it is going through camp verde.so if you would like a quiet place to relax sit out front on rocking chairs with a little table on the veranda this is the place you want to come to. Wendy makes you feel right it home. Wendy said to me when I was done checking in " if you need anything or have a question please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to help." If more placescould have customer service like this!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rachelwright
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have stayed here numerous times and have enjoyed it every time. The last time we came up was for Mother's Day, there was a total party of 7 of us and 3 rooms. Wendy Peterson, the hotel manager was very helpful and attentive to all our needs. We stayed the weekend there and took advantage of the side courtyard which has a horseshoe pit, 3 picnic tables and a BBQ grill for our use and boy were those steaks great :-)!! Of course we forgot the charcoal at home but luckily for us there is a Feed Store right next door that sells everything you could possibly need in a spur of the moment issue like this. I enjoy coming here just to get away from the hustle of the city, the weather is about 10 degrees cooler, I enjoy sitting on the rocking chair outside of the rooms and reading in the early morning, drinking my coffee and listening to the birds chirping away, music to my ears while I have the view of the beautiful mountains. In the front office there is a wide range of board and card games for kids and family to play for quality time together and the Continental breakfast spread that Wendy sets up every morning is full of mini muffins, oatmeal, cereal, breakfast bars, doughnuts, coffee, tea, milk and juice. While in the room I am very comfortable knowing if I need anything extra that Wendy is just a couple steps away and always around to ask assistance of and she is more than willing to stop doing her work to go above and beyond to make me happy and comfortable, I love visiting with her when she finally stops working for a few minutes to chat, she is a very nice person to know, even if it is just in passing or for a getaway. I would and have recommended this hotel to friends and family and will be back again and again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family