“Good location for Camp Verde”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fort Verde Suites

Fort Verde Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Camp Verde
Sydney, Australia
“Good location for Camp Verde”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We spent one night here while visiting Camp Verde. The room was clean, spacious and Wendy was very helpful with pointing out places to eat in town. The bed was very comfortable and there was no noise from the street outside after around 8.00 pm. For the price, we thought it good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claremont77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We just got back from staying at the Territorial Town Inn and we loved it. We only spent 1 night there after riding the Valley Verde Train which the hotel set up for us with a discount! The rooms were clean. We had 2 rooms with an adjoining kitchen that was just perfect. There was a table for 4...plates, silverware, microwave oven and fridge there. We brought food to heat up and it was perfect after a full day on the train. The kitchen was big enough that the 5 of us could hang out in. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quite. Although the Inn was old, the furnishing were newer. Each room had rustic looking furniture that fit the theme of the Inn. The staff was very friendly and there was a continental breakfast served in the morning around 8:00. Muffins, cereal, juice coffee and tea. All in all it was really a nice place to stay and I would stay there again and recommend it. I gave it terrible for restaurant and kids activities only because there wasn't any.... so nothing to rate!

Room Tip: I would say any of the rooms would be nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The place does not look like it would be so nice on the outside; but once you walk through you see how nice it is. It was clean and comfortable and close to most everything. The staff was very nice and accommodating. This is not a five star hotel, but basically has everything one needs and is quiet. There is a little sitting area outside which is also nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Walnut, California
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at the Territorial Inn September 6-9, 2013, in Room 101, right next to the office.

My wife and I did not expect a 5 star location and we looked forward to staying at this location. There was great follow-up with the hotel staff after we booked the room and they were very accommodating, as we were traveling with our dog. This place was pet friendly. The manager, Wendy was awesome; she even let us use the long leash line so our dog could sit outside with us.

We do a lot of backpacking and camping so we were not taken back by the less than spotless condition of our room, but I do agree with the other reviewers that the carpet was filth. The bed sheets were a faded avocado color that left us to wonder if there were stains that we could not easily see.

The other people talked about the carpet being dirty and they are correct. It was filthy with cigarette burns and needs to be cleaned. The owner states there is a flat screen television in the rooms, well I am here to say there was not one in my room.

This place is in a great downtown location and has the potential to be very nice and comfortable, but in its current state it is difficult to relax when the interior is dirty.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has its own thermostat, otherwise you will be at the mercy of someone else fo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John M
Lodge M, Owner at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We take feedback seriously and I'd like to take a moment to respond to this review. I am glad the guest was delighted with the location and also the manager's wonderful service. The location is indeed wonderful and Wendy works very hard on behalf of our great guests. The carpet had just been professionally cleaned, but unfortunately it did make things worse. Their machine left soap stains, brought out other stains, etc. All of our rooms are non-smoking so if there was any burns in the carpet it must've either been something else or it was from someone doing something they weren't supposed to. In any case we have since had the carpet people out 2 more times, and finally at long last they figured it out once they sent their best guy over. The sheets we have are a faded avocado color or a light brown, which fits the southwestern motif and decor we have. The nice Sony flat screen TVs were installed on Thursday Sept 12th, so all guests will be treated to a nice screen. We work very hard to provide comfortable, cozy and very clean rooms. We are not perfect, but normally we are known for our exceptionally clean rooms. We aim to always keep improving and we wish everyone happy and safe travels. Thanks for reading our response and take care.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My partner and I were turned away at Sedona as they were full, it was suggested that we try Camp Verde, we were so glad we were given this advice. The Territorial Inn was comfortable, clean and welcoming, the place with it's western feel about it was like something out of a Western movie, and coming from Australia was fascinating. We were made very welcome by Wendy and would recommend this Inn to anyone. Thank you for a very enjoyable stay, it was only one night but we really enjoyed your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I are older and we try to spend our money at smaller boutique hotels. The Territorial Inn did not disappoint. Our room was very well decorated (think Wyatt Earp), and you can tell a lot of attention was given to every aspect of the room. The bed and chairs were very comfortable. I'm not sure we'll ever be back to Campo Verde, but if we ever do, we
d be happy to stay here again. A lovely place indeed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Outlaw room with a King bed. Most enjoyable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I recently stayed at the territorial town inn. Wendy the manager was an awesome person, she was polite and helpful and full of information she made my stay very comfortable and enjoyable. the rooms are all done in a western decor. I have never stayed any work what like this.I will definitely recommend this to my family and friends and anybody in passing it is going through camp verde.so if you would like a quiet place to relax sit out front on rocking chairs with a little table on the veranda this is the place you want to come to. Wendy makes you feel right it home. Wendy said to me when I was done checking in " if you need anything or have a question please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to help." If more placescould have customer service like this!!!

• Stayed September 2013
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona
Beaver Creek  Inn
Beaver Creek Inn
#1 of 1 in Rimrock

Been to Fort Verde Suites? Share your experiences!