“Not Super 8 quality”
Review of Copper Canyon Inn

Copper Canyon Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Camp Verde
Reviewed 23 February 2014

First, I was disappointed that the pool and jacuzzi were closed since that was my main reason for choosing this hotel. I had looked at this hotel on hotels.com and it said nothing about a seasonal pool. Nor did the desk clerk tell us it was closed when we checked in and we were talking about going swimming. The desk clerk also did not provide us with a password for the wi-fi so we couldn't use it. The entire upstairs hallway smelled of cigarette smoke, but at least the room didn't. The breakfast bar was nice with one choice of sweet roll and toaster waffles or cereal. Next trip I will choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: First floor will avoid the cigarette smell.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter F, Owner at Copper Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear upset guests and future customers,

Our pool is closed for the winter. As a matter of fact, it is shown on hotels.com. And every other website. Please read CAREFULLY next time. The website actually says that the pool is closed during the winter months. We offer very high speed wi-fi. Don't be afraid to ask about the password, and please do not blame us because you did not ask.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Peter F, Owner at Copper Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I specifically booked Super 8 because of the indoor pool, then I get there and I am told that both the pool and the hot tub are out of order. I was very disappointed. I heard dogs barking two doors down from my room but I am the one that gets called by the manager about my dog when we had just stepped out for 10 minutes to pick up food. We rushed back and stood outside our door and heard no barking. When I pulled out the nightstand to plug in my Kindle I found use tissues and a candy bar wrapper back there, also found black hairs all over the bathroom floor. For a few dollars more will probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments. Our pool is closed every year in November, due to the shortage of guests using it. But, we are also remodeling near the pool area, to create a new breakfast area and lobby for our guests. We are sorry that you did not know about the pool being closed, but it is listed as a seasonal pool on every website that our property is featured on. Also, be sure to ask the manager/clerk at the front desk about the pool.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I just stayed at this awesome Super 8 for five nights on a business trip. Spotless, looked freshly painted/remodeled, nice big tv, microwave, fridge, complimentary wifi, and great breakfast. Family owned and operated. This motel is located right off of the I-17 making it very easily accessible. What else can you ask for? Definitely a your home away from home feeling! Will surely stay again on my next visit to Camp Verde.

• Stayed: November 2013
Peter F, Owner at Copper Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review! We love to see and hear that our hard work pays off! We would love to see you again the next time you are in the Verde Valley! Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!

Peter
Owner/GM Camp Verde Super 8

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We wanted to stay in Cottonwood, but, everything was booked 4 days in advance. We were hauling so we needed a truck parking area which this has. The review giving this place a 1 was way too brutal... it is far better than that. The staff was nice and the breakfast was ok. Not up to the level of a BW but you can't expect it in a lower price chain. Room was clean and a request for extra pillows was responded to quickly. I liked the inside corridor so I did not have to go outside to get to breakfast. If you are approaching from the west, the median makes it hard to get in to the lot. Not much management can do about this though. We would stay here again. Some advice on posted responses by management though. I Know its tough when criticized. But, your response seemed really "curt". maybe not intended as such, but, that's how it came out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Peter F, Owner at Copper Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Verde
#29 of 48 in Sedona
Fort Verde Suites
Fort Verde Suites
#1 of 5 in Camp Verde

Been to Copper Canyon Inn? Share your experiences!